I'm more then slightly anoyed

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

I'm more then slightly anoyed

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I'm not blameing, etc. But I am more then slightly saddened that the Poison thread got so off topic, spiralled out of control, and burned.

*sigh*

Oh well, even the best threads are bound to be bastardiazed.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

I just read that last page and see that it got locked a little over twenty four hours before...I read it, because (I can't stop) some people-

Can't control their fingers, they can't control their brains
oh no no no no no!

The Ramones are an excellent remedy for being annoyed- and it takes less than 2 minutes.

Kolohe (who probably should be sedated)
I am not afraid of the dark...I am the Boogeyman.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Ill settle with strong tea and clawing for all the patience left in me. I'm fine now, just annoyed cause I wanted to say something about the thread, but its locked.
Solitary_Wiccan

Post by Solitary_Wiccan »

I personally think a thread that deals with poisoning others should have been locked sooner. We shouldn't be toying with people in such a way IMO.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

It was hypothetical and no worse than a lot of other topics we have going on.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Besides, this is no operation pink elephant, making poisons and sedative is a completely legit topic. We never disscusd how to make them, simply adressed that fact that you can.

Whats Bellandona?Its poisonous yet no one would feel upset it someone wrote an article on it under Herbalism.

No gets particularly upset when people talk about Hexing, because you may not agree with it doesn't mean others won't use it, and that its not a valid practice for some people.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Shaman has a very valid point. Herbalists, magical or mundane healing, MUST know what herbs are poisonous and HOW poisonous they are. You need to not only know what to avoid, but WHY. You should also know what the symptoms of these overdoses are, SO YOU KNOW, just in case. For example, if, Gods forbid, you mis-identify an herb, you will recognise the symptoms to at least tell poison control what you think it might be.

Edit: Ok, I re-read the topic, and noticed I missed a few things. Sigh.

Here's the deal. I was looking at how you, Shaman, started that topic. It appeared to be framed as a topic about the ethics of poisoning, not on poisonous plants and their qualities. People read the poll, not your post, and based their responses on that. (In this they stayed on topic a little too well)

So I propose that we start another topic, only about those more dangerous plants, not on the ethics of poisoning.

I'll start another topic (grenade!) about plants you have to be handled carefully. In this different framework, it should go more to your liking, Shaman_of_Bliss. (I hope!)
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

I hope so, ill be happy to share some information on a handful of poisonous plants, ill try to find some more abstract, ill leave belladona and foxglove, etc for you.

*edit*

Sorry, I phibbed.

I put up a few posts on that thread, I didn't include magickal uses, only their plant-based properties.

Hope thats what you were hoping for when you wanted people to post,

Also, I would like to thank http://en.wikipedia.org, for being so awesome, a great reasource indeed.
Solitary_Wiccan

Post by Solitary_Wiccan »

Guys, I stand corrected. After re-reading the topic, I now understand that we do indeed need to be aware of these things. I am always more than happy to hold my hands up and apologise when I've spoken out of turn or irrationally, and this is one of those times. Sorry guys. :)
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

Wow, I just read that and wow. That's all I have to say.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Solitary_Wiccan wrote:Guys, I stand corrected. After re-reading the topic, I now understand that we do indeed need to be aware of these things. I am always more than happy to hold my hands up and apologise when I've spoken out of turn or irrationally, and this is one of those times. Sorry guys. :)
SW the way I saw it - you stated your opinion on how you felt at the time of posting. No need to apologise for that.
It certainly wasn't out of term though maybe a wee bit irrational.
:wink:

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”