Blue Moon Spell?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.

Blue Moon Spell?

Post by Guest »

Since it's a blue moon tonight I was hoping that someone would be able to help me. I'm looking for a good spell to be done tonight that would help cleanse my body of negavtive energy and such. There is one problem tho :cry: I don't have any black candles. So if someone could work around that, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I looked up 'blue moon spells' to see if I could find anything (I realize it's over now) and I didn't even know that a "blue moon" was simply having a second full moon in one month (as opposed to just one full moon a month). Here is something I read about it:

There is a second full moon this month, which makes it a Blue Moon. The Blue Moon this month occurs on July 31st. This extra full moon is considered to be a very powerful event, and an excellent time for rituals that harness lunar power. Divination, dream or astral work, fertility and creativity are particularly affected.

I would guess you could just do any Full Moon spell on the blue moon and it would be more powerful. Sorry I didn't get this to you sooner.

Dancing_Moon_Child

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

The next blue moon is Aug 2005 followed by June 2007, May 2008, Dec 2009 and Nov. 2010. There is a phenomenon every 19 yrs in which there is 2 blue moons a yr. The last occured in 1999, the next will be in 2018. I had looked up spells for the blue moon but they were mostly mundane. My Wiccan friends say any full moon will do, the power lies in your intent.
As far as negative energy smudging with white sage, cedar and/or sweetgrass helps that. Sorry I couldn't help either. I'm not one for casting spells but soon I'll be able to retrieve your soul....lol.
Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child ::coolglasses::
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That sounds pretty wild Dancer - retreiving one's soul. lol

moonsprite

Post by moonsprite »

apparently a blue moon is two fulls moons in a month instead of the usual one. but very rarely (about once every 4-6 yrs) the moon takes on a misty blue appearance for a while.
apparently the full moon twice in one month is the scientific and wen the moon takes on the hint of blue for a while is the real spiritual blue moon.

did any of you get that message? because i type it without phrasing it first.
moonsprite

Post by moonsprite »

sorry i just found it isnt 4-6 yrs, i was thinking of something else. apprently it doesnt have a 'set schedule' like the other blue moon and can happen at anytime. so 4-6 yrs is completely wrong.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”