Qabbalah

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Qabbalah

Post by wiccachicken »

Ok, so I searched for this on the site's search engine and only came up with two posts out of the whole board!

Basically, I have been seeing more and more, little sections on Qabbalah. In my Wicca Bible, there's a little section on it. But it's not really getting through. I was wondering if there are people here who are a bit more knowledgeable about this subject who can put it into a kind of more simplified way. It seems quite complicated to me but I'm interested and like to have an all-round knowledge of things.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Mwah x :P
[Moondaughter]

Post by [Moondaughter] »

My dad studies the Qabbalah, and all I know about it is that it is Jewish Mystery.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

lol...well every little piece of information helps! Thankyou! :lol: xx
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

As far as I know the Kaballa is something written by Rabbis and has lessons in it that pertain to understand the torah on a higher level. At least as far as I know. Now, could you share what your Wicca bible is?

Harry
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

I've taken an introductory class in the Qabalah, but I'm not sure that I could summarize it up to do it justice. It's a profound system relating to how humanity travels through the tree of life, within spheres of existence.

If you're looking for a good book, however, I highly recommend Lon Milo Duquette's "The Chicken Qabalah".
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

Lol! Chicken Qabbalah! I'll look it up!

My Wicca Bible is written by someone called Ann-Marie Gallagher and the book is entitled "The Wicca Bible". It's quite detailed on everything else I lovet it.

So, if it's mostly Jewish practice, would it come under the whole 'Judeo-Christian' Wicca??
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Most "Judeo-Christian" folk have no desire to work with the Qabalah. You'll find that it's mostly in the domain of Ceremonialist magickal workers. So if anything, it would be in one of those nebulous areas where Wicca overlaps with Ceremonialist lodge traditions that come before it.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Qaballah[Kaballah,Quaballah, Kabala...lots of spellings] is Judaic in origin, but it is not followed by all Jews,orthodoxy won't practice it and it depends on the denomination,as to which ones allow it's study.I know of a training Rabbi, who is a Qaballah scholar.It is the root of Tarot,so a knowledge of Qaballah can be helpful, in studying this, that is why many Pagan/Occult authors include some Qaballistic doctrine/knowledge in their books.It is a spiritual system of rising complexity and as Juliaki says is practised by Ceremonialists,a comprehensive understanding takes years.I'll see if I can find some helpful information for you,that's not too complicated.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

http://hjem.get2net.dk/333/qabalah/qabstart-eng.html

This is an interesting site and good for starting out.It's well designed.More later.

http://www.inner.org/kabbalah/beginner/begin.htm

From the Judaic/Rabbinical perspective.Side bar info,is great.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

Can always count on you Geri! lol! Thankyou so much. The first one puts it into a much simplified version. The little section that I have in one of my books isn't that hard, but my mind can't seem to take it in. After about one paragraph my mind just seems to faze out! lol!

I'm adding this one to my favourites! lol!
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Well, you can also check out Dion Fortune's analisys of the Quabalah from "The Mystical Quabbalah". She even has a relatively short simple description of the history of it's study which is illuminating.

But "The Chicken Kabbalah" is more fun to read. :D
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

(sighs...I believe....)

I don't recommend studying, reading about, practicing or using it.

It's based in straight patri-theocracy.

It will not help you.

Thet
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

You can edit that out and still get something from it.

Just don't listen to Israel Regarde about women in his youth. Trust me on this one. In his more mature works, he has a more... balanced approach and a more realistic representation. However, he refuses to re-write his old works even after his change of heart.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

I would probably do the same if I was a writer. It shows how he has evolved - how his way of thinking and perceptions have evolved!

Not to sound dumb, Amunptah777, but what's patri-theocracy. This subject may not help me but I like to keep an al rounded approach to magick. I don't like to single things out as I tend to incorporate little bits of everything into my Craft. lol!
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Patri-theocracy,patriarchal rule,in religion [state and law too.] This is true.Qaballah has flaws.The ultimate in godhead, is masculine,in this system.But...it can be tweaked, if you know how.Best to study the system first though.It is very interesting and is the basis for much of the early 20th century Western Occultists' work.You have to remember that Mathers,Waite,Regardie,Crowley, et al, were 'men of their time' - Dion Fortune was one of the very few female writers on this subject.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”