How do you want to die?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

How do you want to die?

Post by wiccachicken »

Personally, I would like to die either in my sleep, nice and quietly or I want to die in a really funny way. Like in Final Destination 2, where that boy is under anaesthetic and have a rubber fish fall in his mouth? I laughed so hard at that...that's the way I want to go. Either really quiet or something truly ridiculous!

For me death, is something you should mourn and then maybe have a giggle at. It's not all serious stuff - we get to go to the Summerlands....or wherever it is you believe in.

Also, if you had to choose, which one would you prefer to die by:

1.Fire
2. Water
3. Being shot
4. Car crash
or 5. Falling from a great great big height.

Odd questions I know, I'm just curious. I would go via being shot really, or falling. I have a big fear of dying by fire! And I have a fear of waves, so drowning ain't my thing really. And I wouldn't choose a car crash because the soul gets jolted out of the body. It's not a nice way to die anyway, but if it's a big impact, I heard a medium on a TV programme, called MOST HAUNTED (love that show), that the soul is budged out of the body.

There was a spirit on the vigil that had been in a car crash, his soul had been shunted out and he went around trying to contact people but couldn't because he was dead! Like waving arms in front of friends faces and stuff. It makes sense to me that the soul would be ejected like that. So that's a big no-no for me!

It'd be interesting to hear everyone's choices! lol!
Pav

Post by Pav »

I'd say being shot. Fire takes too long, I'm afraid of deep water and a car crash could be too messy, same goes for the great height lol :D
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

hmm interesting, maybe you should also add the question of wether you are afraid of death or if you already accepted death.

presonally i would like to die painlessly, preferably inmy sleep, though being shot won't be that bad either. going down fighting (cliche) isn't that bad either since then i know i gave it my all.

i love fire and water but drowning isn't an expierence i want to go through again. and fire is something that is just oo painfull and take's too damn long.

falling from a great height would be cool though, painless and allot of adrenaline :D

and car crashes are out of the question for me, i have the nasty habbit of getting out of accident's (wether it is in a car or otherwise) relatively unscathed.

for myown question wether i have accepted death i have to answer that i did, i look forward to it buti don't go looking for it, i'm kinda sick of being stuck here on earth with all those bigheaded people and (insert bad quality's here) people.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

I have a friend who doesn't believe in an afterlife. She thinks there's is nothing. That personally scares me. I prefer to think that there is something there. Not just based on the many many things that could be otherworldly, but because I would be more scared of death if there wasn't an afterlife.

I think it's possible that we create thoughts of such things, just to make things a little more comforting. However. even if there isn't an afterlife, I know that my body will become part of the earth and add to the spiral of life. I could be reincarnated...who knows.

I know I haven't accepted death. Simply because I am extremely scared of it. I used to accept it...but it nearly took my Mum and it took my grandma and I haven't gotten over either of those things. So I continue to live in fear of it...I'm actually in counselling over it! LOL! It screwed with my head majorly. The two most important figures in my life, the closest people and they were snatched or were going to be snatched away...it's difficult to just let it go!
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Also, if you had to choose, which one would you prefer to die by:

3. Being shot
4. Car crash

but really: none of the above.

I have accepted death: it is the one certainty in life. You live: you will die.I see this as my 'raison d etre' : to squeeze as much sensory, physical and spiritual joy as I can out of the experience,in the now,as who I am now. LIVE! not just exist.

I want to go several ways, keeping my options open,lol.

If I get terminal pain, I will do an:

"Insane old woman steals high powered motorbike, drives backwards erratically through shopping mall, swigging from a bottle of Jim Beam[Black, 43% extra kick] and finally,crashing from the roof of the car park into the canal below at 140mph"

or

by spontaneous combustion ,leaving only my slippers intact,brought on by a fit of verbal spleen,while venting my repressed anger at my old age, on a door to door - double glazing salesman.

or after kung fu kicking my way through a crowd of hostile juvenile delinquents,to get into a rock concert,I'd like to go out to a background of loud riffs and badass drums after duffing up the bouncers, all that exertion causing a massive heart attack, the instant kind.

I have others, I'd likebut some are hard to engineer without outside interference.lol.
Faeth

Post by Faeth »

I would say anyone of those, but Id prefer not fire, but it wouldnt be that bad.

:D
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Id prefer not fire, but it wouldnt be that bad.
So, You LIKE pain?
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

Oh no, a sadist. LOL!!!!
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I'm sorry that was unfair of me. I probably read something into that.

Most people who die in fires die of smoke inhalation before the fire ever touches flesh. People do remarkably bizarre things when they breathe in a LOT of smoke, so I don't know if it "makes you crazy" or is some kind of high.

Things like: take off their clothes and fold them neatly in a corner and then lie down as if to sleep.

Apparently, even firemen who've gotten too much smoke or run out of oxygen sometimes do that.

:shock:

Since I nearly drowned when I was a kid, I'm not thrilled with that option, though I will point out that twards the end it's very peaceful. If it's any comfort, shock is a wonderful thing.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

i second that though the backlash after surviving it isn't :P
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

Hm...if I had to choose from those, I'd choose shot. No pain, no knowledge of dying and I get to be in the newspapers.

But I'd rather die of something unconventional...like squashed by a meatball, falling into the sun or crushed by a truckload of styrofoam shipping peanuts...

Anyway I want to plan my own funeral so I'd actually like to know when I die. Since I am at peace with my own death, I'd like a heads up to go shopping for funeral clothes and such.

Hm...haven't posted in so long...I forgot how the submit button looked like.
[WitchMomma]

Death

Post by [WitchMomma] »

Hum, that question can make you think quite a bit can't it. I guess I have spent some time in the past thinking about it.

I would definately prefer in my sleep. I don't want it to be in a hospital though it just seems so impersonal. I love my bed, and to be wrapped up cozy in my duvet - yup that's ideal.

What would you all want done with your body after you die????

I want to be cremated and scattered somewhere! I am not into being burried and de-composing. There is a cemetary in Salem, MA where I found the tree in my Avatar (my favorite tree ever) I would probably want to be left there. I just have to find a sneeky friend or family member to take me their!

Cheers! WM
The Mystic Pilgrim

Post by The Mystic Pilgrim »

I'd say, all things being equal, I'd love to die in my sleep. However, if it weren't my destiny to die in such a peaceful way, then I do have one other idea I've thought about on rare occasions. I'd like to die a martyr’s death.
Consider this, if hardcore religious persecutions were to resurface as it has in ages past, then could one imagine a more poignant statement than to be consumed in the flames while singing praises to the God and the Goddess?
Granted it’s not the ideal way to go out, nor are burnings likely to resurface anytime in the foreseeable future; but of all the ways one could be ushered into the summerland, there are certainly worse.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Most causes of death mean that most people die in their sleep seeing as the most natural causes of death are things like heart disease, cancer, altziemers, pnuemonia etc etc.
For unnatural causes you're talking accidental (I didn't mean to die honestly!) or suicide or murder.

Out of the options given I would have to choose water (I actually dreamt I drowned last night!!). This appeals to me as being the nicest way out of the options.
Fire - absolutely no way......just imagine it! AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!
Being shot - too grisly and too much blood
Car crash - see above
Falling from a great great big height - see above

I have accepted death, since my near death experience. I know there is something else after this incarnation and it's nothing to be scared of - quite the opposite.
The things that do upset me are the people I will leave behind - my son and my partner. I feel scared and sad for them.

I have planned my funeral in the respect that my family are well aware of my requests. I think this is important if you have specific things in mind.

Edited to say: GREAT QUESTION!!!
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

mmm

I don't plan on dying for some decades.

We'll cross that bridge when we come it.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”