"The Runic Tarot" a book/card set found....

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
jcrowfoot

"The Runic Tarot" a book/card set found....

Post by jcrowfoot »

http://www.amazon.com/Runic-Tarot-Carol ... 6&sr=1-351

As much as I could read of the book on amazon, it looks... interesting. Not sure if in a good way or a bad way. I almost want to buy it to see what I think... but I don't know. They blend in some celtic stuff.. and some astrological stuff, but not actual tarot that I can see. (Though they do divide it up into major and minor arcana, but the numbers aren't really the same as standard tarot). It appears to be a guide to introduce tarot readers to runes.

I'm seriously curious what Eretik thinks of this, in particular...
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

..."mystery of the runes is as much a part of Celtic mythology ..."
and that is where I stopped reading.lol.
But seriously,alarm bells going off already.I could only see the first page, I still have problems with this ****pc! but 24 major arcana cards, What are the extra cards?And the Aryan reference annoys me too.A reviewer describes the 'wheel of the year' i.e. the Wiccan sabbats as being part of this book.That is not conversant with Norse tradition.I think I'm very irritated now.hmmm.I'll try again later, see if I can read some more.

Sorry,No I won't.I noticed Ralph Blum is a quoted source,along with two Llewellyn new age books.Nuff said.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

OMG. That's bad. How did I miss that??? :shock: Maybe I was tired when I read it.

Return to “Tarot Talk”