I'm proud to be from a Working Class Home!

Talk about anything you want to here.
ThePaganMafia

I'm proud to be from a Working Class Home!

Post by ThePaganMafia »

Many years ago a child's values were instilled upon him by his parents. It is still that way in some homes. Unfortunatley though the television and video games seem to be raising the kids now days. Kids spend most of there time watching T.V. while the parents are working 12 hours a day to provide or just ignoring the child. In today's society family values and discipline have become lost.

We are a culture obsessed wit celebrities, video games, and T.V. . And do you know what? I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the spoiled people of this country who think we are the greatest country in the world. Most of the people I meet in a day to day basis are ignorant on a level unimaginable. And it is not just because I live in Alabama. I have travelled across the country. I have been from the Atlantic to the Pacific and back again. The same ignorance is everywhere.

We criticize other countries on how they do things when we have some of the worst systems today. We are a violent culture that glamorizes gangsters and degrades women and this is what we are teaching the kids.

Then we whine when we get our order wrong at Mcdonalds. We whine when the smallest thing goes wrong. We whine constantly while never enjoying life when according to everyone we are the greatest country on Earth. Well if ignorace is bliss you could say we are the most blissful country on Earth.

If you turn on MTV and watch the show My Sweet 16 you will be amazed at these spoiled brats. The show is about rich girls having their 6th birthday paties. That show should be banned. These girls are the most stupid, idiotic, trashiest, fools I have ever seen. Of course this assessment may be from what psycologists have told me is "class resentment". Apparently I am prejudice against rich people. I think the more proper assesment of myself would be that I am prejudice against rich people who flaunt there money and act like they are elite or that they are better than me.

Well you want to know who is elite? The real elite is the working class! The people who work 12 hours a day to put food on the table are the elite! The people who instill the values of hardwork and discipline are the elite. You rich people who flaunt it and say you are better are not the elite. I am proud to be of a working class home. I am proud I will have to work for my money. I am proud of who I am. These spoiled rich children need a reality slap to the head.
[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/832gfna.jpg[/img]
The Official ThePaganMafia Fan Forum:
http://thepaganmafia.proboards53.com/index.cgi
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Re: I'm proud to be from a Working Class Home!

Post by Revolpathon »

ThePaganMafia wrote:Many years ago a child's values were instilled upon him by his parents. It is still that way in some homes. Unfortunatley though the television and video games seem to be raising the kids now days. Kids spend most of there time watching T.V. while the parents are working 12 hours a day to provide or just ignoring the child. In today's society family values and discipline have become lost.
okay..... *sigh* kids are not entirely raised by video games, parent's still have %70 of the upbringing in hand. with %25 being street and school.
the 5 percent of videogame's is almost nill, i think internet is more educational than video games, as for video games there are educational games that teach you how to read,write, do math and other stuff.
and parent's working 12 hours a day and ignoring the child, i don't see that happening. there may be 0.5 percent of the entire population who do that. beside's working 12 hours a day is tiring, believe me i know since i sometime's work 16 hour shifts.

and as far as family values go, i might agree with you, but i find allot of family values in me, even though i hardly have contact with my family anymore (by my own choice) i still have allot of the asme value's as they have.
ThePaganMafia wrote:
We are a culture obsessed wit celebrities, video games, and T.V. . And do you know what? I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the spoiled people of this country who think we are the greatest country in the world. Most of the people I meet in a day to day basis are ignorant on a level unimaginable. And it is not just because I live in Alabama. I have travelled across the country. I have been from the Atlantic to the Pacific and back again. The same ignorance is everywhere.
hmmph celeb's, maybe in america with the preppy school girls, and the occasional celeb crush here and there. but in europe that is not the case.
most children aren't spoiled, they are just raised a bit richer than others, and i'm not talking money here.

people may be ignorant, but what are they ignorant about? most people choose to be ignorant over something, i choose to be ignorant about make-up for example (just to name an extreme)
ThePaganMafia wrote:
We criticize other countries on how they do things when we have some of the worst systems today. We are a violent culture that glamorizes gangsters and degrades women and this is what we are teaching the kids.
every country critizes the other, in fact the dutch people here voted edwards to be the president of the state's, that we are in a violent culture is something i agree with, but we are not degrading women,
i've seen more and more women do jobs that are "manly" like contrusction worker or trucker, or blacksmith.
only parent's (in this case the dad) that have the believe that women should live at home are giving those ideal's through to their kids, but those parent's are around less and less.
ThePaganMafia wrote: Then we whine when we get our order wrong at Mcdonalds. We whine when the smallest thing goes wrong. We whine constantly while never enjoying life when according to everyone we are the greatest country on Earth. Well if ignorace is bliss you could say we are the most blissful country on Earth.
ofcourse you COMPLAIN about a wrong order from the mcdonalds, or if it's cold, i paid for warm food or that particular item or that particular item without pickle's or salt, i want what a paid for and they should do their jobs, making a mistake is human, so we point them out nicely without bitchin about it and they will correct it.

i like your opninion on the state's, it does seem to be the most well known opinion of it, and one i don't share because of a few facts that are blatently obvious.
ThePaganMafia wrote:
If you turn on MTV and watch the show My Sweet 16 you will be amazed at these spoiled brats. The show is about rich girls having their 6th birthday paties. That show should be banned. These girls are the most stupid, idiotic, trashiest, fools I have ever seen. Of course this assessment may be from what psycologists have told me is "class resentment". Apparently I am prejudice against rich people. I think the more proper assesment of myself would be that I am prejudice against rich people who flaunt there money and act like they are elite or that they are better than me.
i agree with yout opninion here about the girls. but i like the show, watching those girls freak out about blue or baby blue ribbon's is amazing, i see that show as one of the best comedy's mtv has.

i only hate rich people if they are going over the top (like those girls) with acting the part that they are rich.
ThePaganMafia wrote: Well you want to know who is elite? The real elite is the working class! The people who work 12 hours a day to put food on the table are the elite! The people who instill the values of hardwork and discipline are the elite. You rich people who flaunt it and say you are better are not the elite. I am proud to be of a working class home. I am proud I will have to work for my money. I am proud of who I am. These spoiled rich children need a reality slap to the head.
i agree with you here, but rich people are people who made it, money has to start from something, so they're fore fathers were working class man, but i'm drifting now,

i think you should let those people live their rich live's. and stop whining about it.

and a tip for next time, if you copy past from another board, watch what you copy and remove excess material.
ThePaganMafia

Post by ThePaganMafia »

I am not whining. I am making a valid point. There is something deeply wrong with the people in my country.

And what are you talking about copying and pasting from another board?
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

Now at the end you are saying the people who work 12 hours a day to put food on the table are the elite and that's really something to proud of, yet at the beginning you said people who work 12 hours a day and let their kids watch TV and play video games are really causing a problem- so which is it should they being working hard or staying home instilling values in their kids but then no food on the table so they all starve. That's the working man blues sweetie! If you got time you don't got money if you got money you don't got time. The solution is making money when you sleep which requires working smart over working hard, sometimes a lot of B to get to A. So you're resenting the people who got to A while you're stuck on B, so whose fault is that? Okay the kids got lucky, you can resent them and think they're obnoxious if you want to.

Kolohe
XWynterXoXPriestessX

Re: I'm proud to be from a Working Class Home!

Post by XWynterXoXPriestessX »

ThePaganMafia wrote: That show should be banned. These girls are the most stupid, idiotic, trashiest, fools I have ever seen.

YEAH! YOU GO GIRL!!! 2gunsfiring GET 'EM!!! *cheers* I couldn't agree with you more, my friend, I definately know where your coming from!
)o( My heart belongs to you, Captain Sereph Gurd Akil)o(
Your eyes are my paradise, your smile makes my sunrise.
ThePaganMafia

Post by ThePaganMafia »

Kolohe-

I mean that the way parents are forced to work this much to provide is a problem. In most cases the parents themselves cannot help it. I only resent rich people who feel elite and say they are better than everyone else because they have money. And people like that are rampant in society.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

at the bottom of your post there is "back to top"

i can't see it having any value to your post in any way, so my guess is it's from another board.

and you are whining, the proof is in this board, you may make valid points here, but it's still whining.

whining is a human trait, kids whine all the time, adults whine all the time about anything and everything.

human's can't forego human traits.
Arcane

Post by Arcane »

I have to agree with Pagan Mafia here. I understand the sentiment and it's a noble one. Our culture is saturated with sensationalism and materialism and all kinds of obnoxious bullshit. Its no wonder why people in other countries despise the US.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

I might have just been in a bad mood, maybe I still am. PM you do have a point, we may be living in a corellary to the decline of the Roman Empire with all this mindless entertainment The gladiators may have had an easy time compared to the trainwreck lives a lot of our celebrities have. And I'll disagree with the parents are forced to work hard and they can't help it, maybe if they truly are working to put food on the table or save a little money in the bank, but probably working to buy big screen TV and video game system, because everyone needs lots of stuff, so they can waste more time on mindless entertainment and keep up with someone they think has more- but does having more really equal having more material possesions. I don't know that the rich think that they are so on top, they're probably too busy with rehab or planning next cosmetic surgery, because they are still worried about keeping up with someone else not contentedly thinking they are superior to others. I am not going to whine about it though, I am bitching about it!

Kolohe
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

So we're talking about rich elitists today...loverly.
Kids spend most of there time watching T.V. while the parents are working 12 hours a day to provide or just ignoring the child. In today's society family values and discipline have become lost.
Single parent or not I'd love to see the parent who can spend time with their kids, cook, clean and in total manage a house, work and the whole plethora of other things a parent must do without some things if not ALL things recieving the attention they deserve.
We are a culture obsessed wit celebrities, video games, and T.V. . And do you know what? I'm tired of it.
When you find/create Utopia, let me know...
The same ignorance is everywhere.
Did you ever stop to think there is a reason for that. People don't like to live in woe. Why should people cause themselves "unnecessary" pain, just so they can see the crap in their lives and the lives of those around them. They say ignorance is bliss for a reason. Sometimes I would love to be so ignorant, so I could just glaze over most of the pains I experience for myself and those around me. But I see them and I am glad that I do. But not all people would be glad so naivety isn't exactly a bad thing at time... I don't like unfavourable or unecessary pain. But it's just a fact of life, why complain about it?
and degrades women and this is what we are teaching the kids.
Mate, seriously...In this day and age everybody is degraded, the feminists go on at the men, the men go on at the women, the kid with glasses gets picked on, as does the fat kid and the excessively skinny one...
Then we whine when we get our order wrong at Mcdonalds.
You know I agree with Rev here totally, those people are paid to do a job, It's kind of expected it be done right. Ofcourse aswell, no one is above mistake...life goes on and we deal.
If you turn on MTV and watch the show My Sweet 16 you will be amazed at these spoiled brats. The show is about rich girls having their 6th birthday paties. That show should be banned.
After having a friend explain too me what "MTV" is. I must say it sounds boring. But I don't see why such a show should get banned, If those bimbo's want to be exploited for laughs hey, who are we to judge? apparantly judge, jury and executioner... But consider this...the things on TV with certain exceptions are there because the ratings support their watchability... In the indirect sense of your statement, you have more or less judged everyone who keeps that show alive.
I think the more proper assesment of myself would be that I am prejudice against rich people who flaunt there money and act like they are elite or that they are better than me.
I think you're outright against people you think, think they are better than you by circumstance...doesn't make it so.
Well you want to know who is elite? The real elite is the working class!
I have to disagree here. I don't feel anyone is elite. Society is a volatile unit. If we didnt have our upper/middle/lower classes no way in hell could society function, its just the way it is and thats the way it's always going to be. Have you ever read "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley, if not I strongly advise you do, it's a good read. You might like it.
I am proud I will have to work for my money. I am proud of who I am.
Good for you, But I would also be proud if I could climb the ranks so my children wouldn't have to worry about money so much, but thats just me.

I heard a quote a while back which i absolutely adore. It's to the effect of "It's better to stand for a cause than it is to be against another"

[X] END COMMUNICATION [X]
ThePaganMafia

Post by ThePaganMafia »

[quote="Revolpathon"]at the bottom of your post there is "back to top"

i can't see it having any value to your post in any way, so my guess is it's from another board.
[quote]

Oh I thought I copied it from Microsoft Word. It was late I don't remember. I posted it on two forums.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

It wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least if I won the lottery or something so that my family would not have to struggle....then if I did, would I be looked upon as no longer "elite" because I would not have to work...even though I have spent my life scraping and saving for what I have? I was born in poverty, my father a coal miner, my mother working three jobs and and I remember going fishing in the river because at the time I was a little kid and I thought it for fun. I found out years later that if we had not have gone fishing and caught fish, we would not have eaten...this is the 20th century and there are still people like I was...anyway I am way off topic so I will shut up.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Pav

Post by Pav »

for someone who seems not to like people who whine, you sure do seem to whine often. Why are kids so often involved in some way? Stop wasting time complaining about those who think or in fact have things better than you and actually work to improving your own lot in life. Bitching gets you no where, DOING something does. Your tired of celebraties, T.V and video games in culture? tough thats how cultures going it's not going to change because you don't like it.
heartlesslittlegirl

Post by heartlesslittlegirl »

You know, I have always sorta been annoyed with the people that complain that TV shows are raising our children. If you don't like it, don't do it. Personally, I turn my tv off on my kids. They never really like it but I do it anyway. There is time allot in my day for TV as well as one on one conversations with my girls. Do you know what that has provided me? Kids that enjoy a lot of shows but understand that TV is NOT real life, nor are celebrities above us in anyway... Case in point, Jamie Lynn Spears is 16 and pregnant. It is the newest big hooplah and Disney is getting pressure to not air the next season of her show even though it is already filmed. The fear is that if it is allowed to air is sends the message that a child can get pregnant without any backlash/issues/whatever. My 12yr old daughter opinion on it, "Her character is not pregnant and at least Jaime Lynn taking the responsibly to have the child and not abort it"

I don't think any class is above any other class. Hells I would LOVE to be in a situation where I don't HAVE to work because I would love more than anything to spend MORE time with my kids. I honestly can't think of many mothers I do know that wouldn't give up work for more time with thier kids.
I DO on the other hand feel very sorry for those whom do have and instead of spending time with thier kids, have thier kids in a million activities and have nannies raising thier kids for them.

Someone also hit on the point that people work 12hrs or more so they can have MORE stuff. It is a sad sad truth. It is an arguement that I have had with my husband. There was a point when he had a good job, not a lot of money but should have had us at a better point in life but he is a "need more stuff" kind of person. I am a less is more kind of girl. I don't want a big house on the hill. I don't want a fancy car. I sure as heck dont want diamonds... What I want is to be able to feed my kids, clothe them and be able to provide a roof over thier heads. As long as I have that and the ability to be there to see them grow, I am as rich as I need to be...

Parents that have some strange idea that giving things, material things, to thier child consistently is what will make a happy healthy child are rather sad in my eyes. I don't hate them for it... I feel sad for them because they are missing out on a whole lot of wonder right there in thier house.

And this seems to be a rambling mess, so I will shut up now.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

it wasn't rambling, you amde a point and you made it very clear.

and pav. right there with you.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”