Pluto

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Pluto

Post by Kolohe »

Wondered if the astronomical community's demotion of Pluto from planet status changed it's astrological significance at all? thanks.

Kolohe
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Not for me,anyway.Atrology is evolving of late.With Quaoar , Xena,Chiron being included more and more in today's usage.Chiron has been used in the past, but seemed to fall out of use in modern times,now it's back in.Dark Moon Lilith is relatively new also,but is very interesting.Chris will no doubt know much more, just my tuppence,personally.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

I was reading a bit on Astrology the other day (and I'm sure someone more learned can correct me should I be wrong) But what way back in the day was called a planet was in contrast to stationary stars. The planets were the ones thats movements could be monitored, so that would mean the solar system ones, and even back then they weren't all inclusive, pluto, neptune and there was another that wasn't included I think untill sometimes later. The moon and Sun are also counted as planets. Gotta keep in mind, astrology and astronomy are 2 very fine but different arts
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Well put Sobek and Eretik. . .fickle arts indeed!

Nevertheless,

We cannot discount the power of Pluto. Its discovery led to a century of disasterous transformations that will be felt for generations. It is interesting that whenever a new body is discovered in our solar system that the world changes dramatically. They discovered Uranus in the 19th Century and sure enough, the technical industrial revolution ensued. Pluto in 1929 and sure enough, Great Depression, World Wars, Holocaust, Internet, theories of Dark matter and dark energy, globalization--all of this and more can be branded under Pluto's jurisdiction. Pluto does share resonances with Mars so if you believe in demotions, then you can put Scorpio back with Mars if you like, but Pluto's energy is much deeper and longer lasting than Mars. It is ironic, because Pluto is all about death and rebirth (intergenerational) and its status shifts are indicative of its deeply transformative energy. Hence, Pluto is alive and well, and perhaps even more powerful with its new attention.

This century we are in for it--with the discovery of Eris (formerly Xena) things will really begin to unfurl. . . I will write a post about Eris in the next week or two as I have been researching it (and the Goddess) for about a month now. Let's just say that it may time to embrace the chaos at the heart of existence!!! But more on Eris soon. . .

As for the Dark Moon Lilith, Eretik, I do work with it, but don't give it as much energy since it is not even a body but rather a point in the sky. It represents the apogeee of the moon--the point where the moon is furthest away from the earth. The lilith sign is supposed to represent areas of sexuality and independence--our ability to say NO! and mean it! But there is another Lilith taht is is already a body in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. . .hmmm. . . Should we give more attention to an actual body in the solar system or a mathematical point? I do use the Black Moon, but only give it the energy I would give an asteroid.

Chiron, on the other hand is quite a magnificient comet. It runs between Saturn and Uranus and can be said to garner aspects of both (incompatible) planets. So it has the structure and indentity of incarnational limits plus the ability to free from those rigid structures and come up with something new from out the ether. It is the position of the faith healer and communicator between warring factions in a chart. When Capricorn wars with Aquarius, I argue that the third energy between them is a mix of Pisces and Sagittarius. So, Chiron partakes of both these energies, plus the energy of Saturn and Uranus. Therefore, it has every element in it to draw from (Earth, Fire, Air, Water) which is why it can produce profound yet practical changes in the ability to manifest spirit on earth.

Hope this helps... watch for the Eris post in the next week or two!

Blessings,
bsp
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Looking forward to it, Chris.With bated breath.I do a lot of Chaos type stuff, but I'd forgotten they renamed Xena,Eris.Whoooooops, big time.lol.The Lilith point seems to have Luciferian types and Setians all agog.I never knew about it at all, until recently.It's interesting, but, like you say,it's a point.A moot one with some.LOL again.Chiron fascinates me.The Astrological Chiron and the mythical also.I am Aquarius, with a 'heavy' Saturn, I need to refresh my memory.Perhaps you would be so kind ,in time, as to feature Chiron also.I'd like that too.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

Thank you. I knew astrology evolves as new heavenly objects are found, wondered if it worked the other way too. Kind of a coincidence with what you pointed out re. changes in the world in your post Chris. I met someone almost 100 years old today, was talking with her family about how her generation probably saw more changes in the world than any other, she went from going to school by horse and buggy to jet travel. Looking forward to the post on Eris, what is the story behind it being named that anyway?- even if the astronomers don't really believe in astrology it seems like naming it that is just asking for trouble!

Kolohe
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Yep, I too am waiting for the article on chiron and lilith.

First of all, I tend to think of chiron as the "planet shaman", because there is no good archetype among the major planets...except possibly mercury, but most reads discount the intuitive aspects thereof.

I mean, maybe Pluto, but there are lots of connotations that aren't really right.

Also, I agree that the biggest complaint I heard from anyone over the planetary status of Pluto came from the Astrological contingent... and a number of them were astronomers, as well.

Chris, your articles are always comprensive, educational and sane. Not only that but you take into account the spiritual in context and yet your stuff is grounded. Bravo!

I read a certain amount of astrological articles on the web... and mine eyes glaze over. Thanks for clarifying this stuff without the cringe-worthy stuff.
akasha

Post by akasha »

I'm sorry but what even gives them the right to not call pluto a planet?
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

lol--Hi Akasha. . . apparently, to today's astronomers, size matters. . . :)
akasha

Post by akasha »

lol thats sounds right
EmoClawra

Re: Pluto

Post by EmoClawra »

It's because of the myth where Persephone was taken by Hades/Pluto and then he was all happy then Ceres was really sad so now they are both equal because Persephone lives with Hades for half a year and with Ceres for the other half.

Thats why Ceres is now a dwarf planet not a star and Pluto is a dwarf planet too and not a planet.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”