*sigh* Oy...My damn, mental mother...

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Lunawisper Sayles

*sigh* Oy...My damn, mental mother...

Post by Lunawisper Sayles »

Well, a few weeks ago, just before Thanksgiving break…
I was playing The Sims 2, minding my business when Mom runs into the room and asks “Did you do that?”
I asked “Do what?”
She motioned me to follow her into the basement and pointed to a symbol that was drawn on a box (A racist, cruel symbol, might I add.)
“I didn’t do that.” I told her.
“Bullshit” she replied as we went back into the house. “It’s not funny!”
I wasn’t even laughing.
So I go back to The Sims 2, and mom comes back out holding my Dairy…
“See this? This is mine.”
Okay…I was mad. “No.”
“Oh yes.”
“NO!!!” I ran out of the house…Just to blow off steam and wait for my dad to get home.
When he does get home, I showed him the symbol and said mom accused me of drawing it. He brought me back into the house as mom was reading my Diary and Mom sent me to my room…
Dad went back to work, and mom called me back out again just to berate me about unrelated issues.
Now, I had said some…Er…Things…That weren’t so nice…About my mom in there…
She took those entries way to seriously and threatened to send it all to her counselor.
She sent me back into my room, and Dad came home again.
So mom starts to tell him the story, but guess what? She lies.
“Oh, I just asked her if she drew the symbol, and then she ran off”
“No, you pointed it out.” I replied.
“I didn’t point it out to you! I never went into the basement!” she lied.
So, as I keep trying to tell the truth, Mom keeps denying it. She’s done this type of thing before two months ago, only it was with a mask in the basement…
I have the feeling that she just set me up on both accounts…Just because she’s a Pagan-phobe.
I love my mom and all, but her actions scare me a little...

I have a few questions:
1. Do you think she put the mask there? and the Swastica?
2. Do you think that My Diary (Which doubled as my Book of Shadows) is still useable even though she read it? (I got it back a week ago, but still.)
3. How should I confront her?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Well she is your mother and your underage (?) so you can really do nothing about your mother and her disagreement with your choices. Chin up you will be an adult soon and that will be that. Time will be your best choice if she won't accept your path.
Elven555

Post by Elven555 »

That sucks - especially about the diary thing. Nobody, not even your mother, has the right to read your diary.
Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about it at your age.
Earth my body, water my blood,
Air my breath and fire my spirit
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

As much as I absolutely hate to say it, their right. I wanted out of my parents home so badly, but there is nothing that can be done when you are still legally in their custody. Lucky for me college is my scapegoat.

For now you'll just have to find ways to ignore it and simple get by. I was able to stay at least somewhat sane by writing tons of poetry, reading a lot, and playing way too many video games.

Just keep yourself occupied as much as possible. If you want out of the house take up some extra school activities, at least you'd be out.

As for your diary, of course it is still useable. Just because she read it doesn't ruin anything you've done/put into it. Hope all turns out well for you in the end. I know how it is to have a crazy mother.
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Broken2nite

Post by Broken2nite »

Things like this make me so thankful for my parents. They are so awesome. Even when my mom would wash my pants and find notes in there when I was in high school she'd never read them.

Everyone else is right; unfortunately because of your age and dependancy on your parents there isn't anything you can do about it except talk, and no offense, but your mom doesn't sound like someone who wants to listen. My advice on that front is try talking to your father about it AWAY from your mom. Be respectful, she's your parent, but let him know whats bothering you.

And the diary thing really really sucks! BUT I can help here. Hide it!

Easy way to hide it is hide it right in front of her. If you have a book shelf in your room, hide it there. Most people don't see what is right in front of them.

If you have drawers in your room take some duct take and possibly tape it on the inside of the drawer on the top. I doubt she'd feel around there.

Also if you paint you could tape it on the inside of some canvas and hang it on the wall. You could even take up painting just for this lol!

Tape it on the bottom of your bed.

Tape it underneath or on top of anything really lol duct tape saves all!

Hope it helps!!!
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Wow. I know exactly how you feel lol. That really sucks about the diary thing. Anyways my moms the same way and very pagan-phobe but not as bad. Though theres absolutely nothing you can do about it untill you move out, you'll just have to find easier was to deal with it.
“I didn’t do that.” I told her.
“Bullshit” she replied as we went back into the house. “It’s not funny!”
Same exact scene that happened to me when my mom insisted i cut a pair of pajama pants. But i didn't lol. Ok my mothers sorta the same as yours because once i had a bunch of songs i was going to download soon on a pad of paper in my purse (though i dont usually carry purses i did this time) and she finds it and says
"What the f*ck is wrong with you? You set your friends on fire?"
I set my friends on fire is a song by Aiden and she assumed that all these other song names were poems. lol. She goes nuts and starts getting into how its my fault why my brothers in the hospital but its not my fault blah blah blah things like that.
She gets my sister into it and she explains to mom that Aiden is a band, and not a poem. Lol.

Back to subject. So mebbe you can simply try to explain witchcraft/wicca to your mother and that it's just a little magick, only nature. :D But sometimes that can be hard. So heres a way how i would confront her about it:

If she's sitting alone somewhere not watching T.V. or anything, just sitting there, say "Mom we need to talk." or something like that and start telling her about how she's ben over reacting and how she doesnt have to be so uptight. If she says
"Dont tell me how to parent" then try to calmly tell her that your not and you dont want to argue, you only want to get something straight to her and that she needs to stop this.

-Kelly

P.S. Im no expert, but hope it helps :D

Return to “Teen Concerns”