Yule

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Yule

Post by Kolohe »

Anyone want to tell what they have planned for Yule? Unfortunately husband has a work Christmas party in evening that I will probably have to go with. At least I don't have to work during day. Will light the (gas) fireplace, some candles, try to spend some meditation time. Maybe try to do some traditional foods for lunch at least. And add some pagan poetry to our family tradition of reading Persian poetry and eating nuts. Poetry and nuts on winter solstice is a Persian tradition an Iranian friend told us about that we have done for past few years because we like it.

Never be without rememberance of Him,
for His rememberance
gives strength and wings
to the bird of the Spirit.
If that objective of yours
is fully realized, that is
"Light upon Light"...

...But at the very least, by
practicing God's rememberance
your inner being
will be illuminated
little by little and
you will achieve
some measure of detachment
from the world.

-- Jelaluddin Rumi (Persian poet)
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

I plan to do a small ritual and light some incense. Later I will be giving some offerings to the Gods/Goddesses.
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

I will be celebrating alone, and plan to do a small ritual by mysef to welcome the growing light back to the earth. I will also hope to attract hope and sucess in the coming year. because I also celebrate the gift giving and the family and friends part of chrismas, I will also be trying to get all the gift wrapping done in the next few days, and do some baking.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Adularia

Post by Adularia »

I went into the woods with a couple of friends...well, not really friends, more like people i just met! We went with a "Solstice Cake" that one of them made with cinnamon and apples. We lit some incense and candles, did some meditation and listened to the river and the woods. All topped off with some dancing! It was the first time I'd ever done anything with other people and i thoroughly enjoyed it :) Hope everyone had a good Yule! BB x :D
How do 'Do Not Walk On The Grass' signs get there?
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

That sounds lovely Adularia. Working with others can very differant from working alone... although no less meaningful.
I worked alone this yule, mostly by my own choice. It turned out really well. I am still often amazed at the amount of engery one person can create during a ritual.
I did a ritual based on one I found in a book, which of course I improvised on a good bit, and made it my own. It involved welcoming back the sunlight and sending healing to those I know who need it. A red candle was left burning as long as it could, untill I went to bed, to symbolize light and protection in the time when the darkness would be greatest on this part of the world.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”