Snow in Florida???

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Szette

Snow in Florida???

Post by Szette »

I had a dream last night that it was snowing in N. Fla. In my dream my husbands company ( construction, tractors, etc..) was using our equipment to do the snow plowing. Anyone have any thoughts on this one??
Blessed Be,
Szette
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Aside from the fact that it does snow in North Florida every couple of years?
Szette

Post by Szette »

It may snow here, but trust me very rarely is it ever enough to stick. And I really can't think of a time where heavy equipment was needed to plow the streets!
Blessed Be,
Szette
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

It's happened in my lifetime that Tallahassee had to call in snow plows from other states, so it's possible... and believe me, you can keep it all. I'll gladly send down everything we get up here! ;)
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

Well, i live in minnesota, the land of snow. Lol, JK. We don't get too much snow, but this year, it had already snowed at least 6 inches. If not more. It sucks. I hate snow. Especially walking through it every day to get to work, on the bus, in the cold. Brr!
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Are you wanting some?
Cherokeewind
Szette

Post by Szette »

I'm not quite sure I'm ready for snow, however my kids would absolutely love to have some!!!!!!!! One day they can see it snow
Blessed Be,
Szette
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

we hardly get any real snow anymore, thanks to the greenhouse effect.

usually it's only wet snow and the temperature in the winter varies from just below freezing to just above freezing, so ice skating is also hardly possible. i miss the winters when it froze like -17 degrees celcius.

so pass me some snow :) and the cold too :P
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Yesterday I was out shoveling snow during the day. As if that wasn't enough, about 1 1/2 hours ago, my county was declared a state of emergency. Anyone out driving will be given a traffic ticket. Snow drifts are reported 3-4 feet on the roads. Road crews have been busy trying to get roads open. It is still snowing and another 4-8 inches is forecast for tonight. Then they brought up the question if anyone remembers the blizzard of 1978. If you don't know, in this area snow drifts were reported up to 6 feet high. That is like tons of it, for my location.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... :D

As the Lakota version of the Sacred Pipe ceremony says (when calling the Quarters) of the North...

"White is for the North. The White Giant covers Mother Earth with the White Blanket of snow. White Buffalo Calf Woman, Ptecincala Ska Wakan Winan, came to us from the North. We stand here seeking endurance, and health from the North".

The White Giant covers Mother Earth with the White Blanket of snow.

...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
Cherokeewind
Szette

Post by Szette »

You guys are getting it bad. It just don't snow like that in FL!!!(only in my dreams)LOL Hope you stay safe :D
Blessed Be,
Szette
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

All I can say, is, don't throw away that snow plow attachment. ;)

But I've got snow on the brain. I live very close to Chicago, and we just got something like 6 inches of snow. Thanks the wind, I have two feet of snow on my front yard. You couldn't tell the difference between my neighbor's yard and street level.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

I'm just finished digging out. Thanks to the friendly neighbors who have a snow blower on their tractor. It could have easily taken me a week. In the driveway turn around, I walked on top of the very deep snow, sinking down 8-12 inches (without snow shoes). When I dug to the bottom, for a place to stand, it was just above my knees. I'm 5' 9" tall, so that is deep snow for this area.
Cherokeewind
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Good, I'm glad you dug out, Cherokeewind!

I got this picture of a car parked in front of a snow bank... and the snow bank is at least three times as high as the car. While I'm sure that there are many who've seen worse, I haven't seen snow like this since 1988.

I'll post it once I figure out how to get it off my cel phone.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Revolpathon wrote:we hardly get any real snow anymore, thanks to the greenhouse effect.

usually it's only wet snow and the temperature in the winter varies from just below freezing to just above freezing, so ice skating is also hardly possible. i miss the winters when it froze like -17 degrees celcius.

so pass me some snow :) and the cold too :P
Did you get much snow this year?
Cherokeewind
[cherokeewind]

Re: Snow in Florida???

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Szette wrote:I had a dream last night that it was snowing in N. Fla. In my dream my husbands company ( construction, tractors, etc..) was using our equipment to do the snow plowing. Anyone have any thoughts on this one??
Did you get your snow yet?
Cherokeewind

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”