Anime?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Natresse

Post by Natresse »

I used to be really into Manga and Anime in high school. I was a teacher's aid for our librarian and she was addicted and collected. She even wrote some reviews for one of the magazines. She let me read all of her stuff. My favorite of All time is Ranma 1/2 tho. I have Yet to see season 7. I own all the other seasons, just not that one. le sigh.

off top of my head..
Sailor Moon (my first ;P)
Innuyasha
Mysterious Play (Fushugi Yugi)
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Slayers
Excel Saga
Those who hunt elves (Elf stripping for fun and profit)
Chobits
Full Metal Panic
Lady Garnet Eyes

Post by Lady Garnet Eyes »

I dont watch alot of anime or read manga, but i do watch a few!

My favs:
Sailor Moon (i watched this constantly as a kid!)
Ouran Highschool Host Club (only 26 episodes but i loved it XD)
Bleach!!! (all favorite right now!!! I am on episode 150!!! WOOT!!)
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

For some reason, I don't really like the Bleach anime.. I think it's because I've only seen it on the tele, so I HAVE to watch it in English. (I don't like the english dub)

But I'm on volume 20 on the manga, and it's one of my favorites. The art is sooo pretty!
Lady Garnet Eyes

Post by Lady Garnet Eyes »

I cant stand watching bleach in english, it bugs me to death! I watch the subtitled ones and like it alot better. Just a personal preferance though
lucy_san_elfenlied

Post by lucy_san_elfenlied »

Japanese episodes are way better.
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

In general, there are very few animes that I enjoy the English dub as much or like it more than the Japanese.

The only ones I can think of right now are Fullmetal Alchemist and Hellsing (which is sad, because I don't really like the Hellsing show).

I can watch those in either language.
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

my faves are inuyahsa and FMA
but thers a bunch more i love.
Erhalten Sie Einen Geschmack Der Religion Leckt Eine Hexe.
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

I'm such a sucker for the classics: Master Keaton, Lupin III, Cardcaptor Sakura, Slayers, etc.

But I really enjoy Bleach, Inuyasha, Gilgamesh, Saiyuki, Hellsing, and Mythical Detective Loki.

I've seen over 100 different anime series though, so it's hard to keep them all straight, haha!
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I love Trinity Blood, Blood +, Hellsing, and Inuyasha. I watch Sailor Moon every now and again when I'm feeling nostalgic; I used to watch it all the time when I was little. Brings back good memories.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Lily Cantodea wrote: I watch Sailor Moon every now and again when I'm feeling nostalgic; I used to watch it all the time when I was little. Brings back good memories.
I understand that completely. I do the same with Fruits Basket and Voltron. My boyfriend has got me into Gintama lately.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

Naruto
InuYasha (I can't believe I'm the only one who capatilizes the Y)
Rave Master
Princess Ai
Chrono Crusade

I only read these in book form. I tried watching Naruto and InuYasha on TV but hated it in comparison. I would read more Anime but our libraries have a limited source...one of the horrible things about living in the middle of nowhere. It's better for Magick to live in the middle of nowhere though. =) Easier to meditate when you can't feel alot of peoples emotions and energies.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

I love bleach, naruto and fairy tail, xxholic, sailormoon, cardcaptor sakura, and more:D
Did you watch the new naruto episode? wow!!!!!!
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

I suppose I could say I'm an anime fan. I watch enough of it. I've probably seen over 50 series by now. But I'm not Otaku about it or anything.

Oh who am I kidding? I work at an anime con for crying out loud.

I like Nana, Paradise Kiss, Ouran High Host Club, Gilgamesh, Saiyuki, and Bleach mostly.
FourFangs

Post by FourFangs »

I like Wolf's Rain, Spice and Wolf, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, Ginga Densetsu Weed, Death Note, Princess Mononoke, and My Neighbor Totoro.

I always seem to like anime better when I watch it in Japanese. The English voices make it goofy.
WatchfulEyeTheButterfly

Post by WatchfulEyeTheButterfly »

Bleach, Death Note, FMA, 07 -ghost, Code Geass, etc

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”