Help me, I need help finding my power animal or spirit giude

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Ninjutsu-love

Help me, I need help finding my power animal or spirit giude

Post by Ninjutsu-love »

Can anyone peoples help me how do I find my power animal or spirit giude. Please post if you know how. :?:
poetry_princess

Post by poetry_princess »

hmmm, ever tried using medicine cards? I just simply cast a circle and asked the elements to reveal my power animal...and then i started having dreams about a snake.

ususally your familar will appear before you in odd situations....you just have to pay attention.
Blessed BE all the Children of Gaia

There Exist only 3 beings in the world worthy of regognition: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create.
Ninjutsu-love

Post by Ninjutsu-love »

Do you know some where i can find those cards on the Internet???
Because I just moved to Medford, OR & I don't know anything here.
If you do post a site i can get the cards from that will be very helpful.
Dancing_Moon_Child

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

Silver,
I use Medicine Cards every day. You can usually find them at Amazon.com but bookstores like Barnes and Noble carry them (or they can order them for you). You can also go to WitchVox.com and see if there's a metaphysical shop (there are 21 listed in Oregon) near you that would have them.
Usually your Power Animal is an animal that you have an affinity with or one who has been making itself known to you for awhile now (dreams, chance encounters, etc.). And a Power Animal doesn't necessarily have to be powerful size wise. There are 9 Animals in your Totem....North, East, South, West, Above, Below, Within, Left and Right. Each direction is for some aspect in your life. You can Google sites on the internet concerning Animal Medicine. A good site and one of my favorites is:

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4076/index1.html

Working with Animal Medicine is very powerful.....it's a very serious and respected aspect of Shamanism. I hope this helps. If not let me know.

Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child ::coolglasses::
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
Anon

"A wee child toddling in a wonder world, I prefer to their dogma my excursions into
the natural gardens where the voice of the Great Spirit is heard in the twittering of
birds, the rippling of mighty waters, and the sweet breathing of flowers. If this is
Paganism, then at present, at least, I am a Pagan."
Zitkala-Sa (Sioux)
_Hecate_

Post by _Hecate_ »

Like guardian angels, spirit guides are assigned to us at birth, and we can have many as seven of them. Often spirit guides come to us in our dreams.

A spirit animal represents the spirit of a particular species of animal not of an individual animal. It may just be the spirit of a pet that has passed on.
Many people have one particular spirit animal. Picking a spirtit animal that they feel represents them.

Even if you are not in touch with your own spirit animal you can ask any one to help you. Keeping in mind that they will deliver your message with the charateristic's of it's species.

Example If you want your message delivered with.. Strenght.. pick the Bear.

If you want your message delivered with.. Magick.. pick the Cat.

Typically a familiar seeks you out and not the other way around.
Your familiar will be able to communicate with you telepathically and they tend to be drawn to ritual.

Letting your self travel into the spirit Realm may just be what you need to find what you are looking for.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hi there
can we just clear something up here. A spirit guide ( which doesn't have to be an animal ) comes to us throughout our lives when we need their assisiance, they can change form and do not have to be the same.
A totem represents the spirit of the animal we need to survive life,this doesn't change but we can have many different totem animals.
And a familiar is an animal that exists on the physical plane and chooses us to assist in ritual and magic and to who we receive energy and give energy to.

Just a basic desription of each I know, but I'm really not in the mood to type more at the moment.Perhaps someone else can.

another question

Post by Guest »

I dont know much about this stuff. But After Reading hedge's post, I thought about this: Is it possible for humans to be another humans "spirit" guide (dont know what else to call it). Not like a phyciatirst or doctor or whatever, but more like a helper.....this is starting to sound really lame. lol! anyway...is it?

Return to “Animals and Pets”