What really happens when we die?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

interesting subject.

i also believe in some sort of spirit plain (i think heaven summerlands and spirit plane could be the same) and i think we can decide or have the opportunity to live again in this realm.

hopefully it will be a while before i find out though :P
occulture

Post by occulture »

Well I really don't think anyone knows for sure but I have a pretty good belief I have built up around tarot cards. If you have ever heard of the fools journey metaphor where each major arcana represents a rite of passage in life I have kind of taken that and tried to apply it to a souls journey after and before death. Its not really anything original but it seems to be working well for me.
Basically I think a spirit is born and is like a child. The Fool. It has very little if any concept of individuality or hopes or dreams or really much at all except this pure sacred beingness unpoluted by and also uninitiated in the ways of existence on the various spiritual planes. It goes through various steps of growth and when it hits the end The Universe Card is that tunnel or womb of the Goddess it is born through into the Material Universe or World. Then it walks the same path of the Major Arcana down here but on a lower arc so to speak, then it hits the World card again and walks up that tunnel that is the Womb of the Goddess and makes its way back up to that pure but foolish spirit it started as.
Of course sometimes it goes up and down the same experiences a few times and sometimes it gets stuck in part of the cycle or another for a long time. I also think sometimes it might just happen to split and take two paths at the same time and become two travelers.
kgwitch

Post by kgwitch »

I myself believe in The Summer Land and reincarnation. I used to believe in heaven and hell, but not anymore. I think Christianity is dumb that way; living your life based on death!!! Just have fun, don't hurt people and go out with a bang!
neo13

Post by neo13 »

I don't believe in organised religion. I took 2 semesters of art history in college and we followed the ages and influence of art. A lot of it, including some of the religions that spun off christianity have been done to manipulate people.

In earlier times, kings used religion as fear to bleed people dry to collect tax money.

Mormons and Irish Catholics changed their beliefs on birth control for one reason only, to make more mormons and irish catholics.

I have always believed in something after we die and struggle of an idea of Heaven, mainly because of space. I mean we are talking, how many souls over time? And what of our memories? How can Mother Theresa, Saddam Hussien and Adolf Hitler all be together in 'harmony'.

Past lives, hmmm, yes I think I believe in them. Maybe before she was Mother Theresa, she was Vlad Tepes.
Collective Insight

Post by Collective Insight »

Just Think About it :idea:

It depends on weather you accomplished what you came into life for. If you didn’t then you will be back to learn the same lesson you were supposed to accomplish. If you did accomplish what you were supposed to learn then you can chose to stay or go back to learn more. Earth is not the only place you can go back to learn, there are other places, but most chose earth because it is more active and has more emotion than intellect there. In a nutshell earth is like a college compared to the other places because you go thru a lot more. You learn these lessons to perfect your soul, another thing you should know is that you chart the life your going to live when you come back into existence, everything that has happened in your life is what you pre-planed to happen, all of those things are the small lessons to be learned, there is more to say but I’ll stop.
HallowHim

Re: What really happens when we die?

Post by HallowHim »

kiaza wrote:Heaven, Hell, reincarnation? Death scares me because I have no idea what to expect. What happens to us? Do we just cease to exist? Is Hell having to live life over and over again until we get it right? Are there other planes of existence where some spirits live? Is my soul, mine alone, or has it belonged to another in the past and will it belong to another in the future? I so want to know all of the answers, but I don't want to die to figure them out! ha ha

I guess I just wanted to discuss all of the alternate theories of death. Who's game?

you should be scared of death.....because i belive that hell and heaven exists,... and i think that all politicans, magician, sciencist.... will join lucifer in hell....
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

I respectfully disagree. This implies that you only have one Life and if you don't get it right that one time you go to hell. If that were the case, since no person is without 'sin', then nobody will get to Heaven-everyone will go to hell. To be 'redeemable' only by following one specific path without variation implies an egotistical, self-centered, hateful, and unforgiving God and I do not believe God is any of those things.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

HallowHim, Um.... did you not realize this is a pagan board? Pagans do not follow the heaven/hell theorem as a general rule...

--
And since no one else has said it: What happens when you die?
(sorry, couldn't resist...)

"The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out, The worms play pinochle on your snout. They eat your eyes, they eat your nose, They eat the jelly between your toes. A big green worm with rolling eyes, Crawls in your stomach and out your eyes. Your stomach turns a slimy green, And pus pours out like whipping cream....."

(*giggle*)

~BB~

(Google "The Hearse Song" if that makes no sense) :wink:
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

MoonStone, you crack me up! :lol:

Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

Moonstone, I have a big skeleton in my room that sings that song.
:D

As for what I believe.
I believe we all go and experience whatever we expect to.
My experience with the afterlife is very detailed and fairly interesting, if anyone cared to listen.
I think the afterlife is a mixture between the supernatural and the chemicals our brains release after death.
So we experience a dream state that is seemingly unreal until we are released from our carbon based bodies.
If we go to hell, we sent ourselves to hell and I believe you remain inside that corpse in your own supernatural version of hell, that is like a really bad dream you can't wake from until you realize your in control and you can move on. You experience what feels like an eternity in that state but it's been hours maybe minutes before you move on.
If you believe we do nothing but rot, your soul experiences nothing after you die and it becomes a big dark blotch in your past when you try to remember *if/when you reincarnate and try to uncover it*.
I believe you have a choice whether to reincarnate after you've experienced so many lives and learned so much. If you choose not to reincarnate, your soul disperses and your essence is then bonded with all living things and becomes part of the earth. And you can become part of a new soul that is created.
So in essence I don't think life ever truly ends, it's cyclical.
At the same time as it does, when you disperse because it's not the exact same essence you once had. You start over as a new soul, with extra energy melded with you to make you different.
I wonder if it's possible that our souls have existed forever in different forms. Continuously regenerating after death and then becoming reborn [literally] then dying and coming back again.
If so, could it be possible to access those memories and would we really know if we had?
:o
Silverslayer

Post by Silverslayer »

MoonStone, seeing as I've never heard that before, if that just would've been a small child singing that, I would definitely be creeped out for hours right now.

I appreciate that, :lol:.

Also, a question for everyone: What if by whatever chance you see it as, there is a hell? Is anyone preparing for this, just in case, in any way? Or if it does turn out that way, are we all just gonna have to deal with it?

Also, One Walker, I agree with you. Things like that are why I don't believe in the Christian God. Especially the Old Testament..When I confronted a close Christian friend of mine with quotes from the Old Testament, where God declared things such as if you have a rebellious son, you are to bring him in front of the elders, and have him stoned to death in front of the town; he said that God has changed since that testament. I'm not exactly sure why, because that statement can somewhat fit into what else he told me(that God is a very jealous and angry God), but this just doesn't sound like an all-powerful and Great Creator of the Universe to me.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

If i'm sent to hell i'm not really concerned.
It dosen't really bother me in all honesty.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

To Moonstone...unacceptable! :lol:

Silverslayer, Bats...if by whatever chance the christian version of hell is real...I'll just be there to take it over and bats I'll need a female to help me redecorate! With pink throwpillows! EVERYWHERE!! :lol:

About Bat's theory I think you may be on to something except for that last bit...if we disperse just to become a new soul...what goal are we working toward exactly?
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Enlightenment.
Reaching our higherself and bringing what we have to offer to this plane.
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Interesting questions, Silverslayer!

First of all, I would have to say I believe in a hell, although I don't necessarily subscribe to the description of it laid out by the doctrines of various organized religions. It makes sense to me though that there must be some way The Divine deals with completely corrupted entities. I'm talking about those entities that willfully and completely reject any Positive spiritual offerings of both this physical plane and the higher ethereal ones.

On the Old Testament descriptions of God, I agree. Fear is a poor catalyst to use in obtaining followers. One of the biggest points of contention I've encountered is the Ten Commandment Law stating "Thou shalt have no other gods before me". I think the reference of that statement had more to do with becoming obsessed with worldly, materialistic objects and ideas rather than the literal description implied.

One Walker. :D

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”