Athames

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
arcanedancer

Athames

Post by arcanedancer »

Can anyone recommend a good online store/site for buying athames? I'm not happy with ones in the shops near my home.

Blessings,
C
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

I actually got mine from eBay!! I haven't cleansed it yet.

You can find some pretty fabulous ones. The one I got was actually hand crafted out of Rowan. They make athames out of all sorts of trees and magick has been in their family for years.

But now that Ive looked they dont sell them anymore but they still do have some nice athames on ebay.

Also, go to Candlelight Craft Limited online: its fabulous!!

Hope this helps x x x x
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Have you tried rumage sales, some are agienst it but if you are not there can be some great finds.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Another place to look would be at gun and knife shows. You get some seriously nice pieces there. More and more, supposedly mundane places are selling blades that make workable athames. Gee, I wonder why? If you like simple, and don't mind single edged, a nice pared down example would be a KA-BAR fighting knife. Just google KA-BAR to find out where you can purchase, either on-line or in person. If you'd like a run-down of where you might find a nice witchy athame on-line, however, you can check out this link.

But I found my athame not on line, but at Gibralter Trade Center in SE Michigan. I like to check out the quality of my knives before I buy so I prefer the "in person" experience. It actually took me *years* to find the right one.
So, while I'm all in favor of getting the right one the first time, if you find something you like but it's not perfect, no sweat. Later, you'll find it, and you'll have the means to get it. Simple.

And, before anyone asks, this is the athame that I found while shopping there.
Just click on the image to see a larger picture! Iddn't she pretty? ::coolglasses:: My best friend even helped me pick it out!
arcanedancer

Nice...

Post by arcanedancer »

Oooh. That's beautiful. It looks as if it would sing...lol....
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

One of my favourite online stores, showing my Athame -

http://www.pagandreams.co.uk/Catalogue/ ... ?prod=1171

It's gorgeous, and looks even better in real life. Talk about energy to it as well :D

Happy spending :wink:
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Hey Enlightenment, good to see you...Where have you been? :D
Cherokeewind
[Enlightenment]

Hey, thanks for that :D I took some time out as I was getting too involved with some Pagan forums *not this one* (which wern't doing my quest for Enlightenment any good) and just basically needed to take a step back and asess my Path. It turns out I was right all along, my beliefs and Path hasn't changed from before, it was others trying to influence what I believe when deep down I knew I should just follow my heart and listen to the Goddess. Sorry, I rambling now. Hope that makes sense lol.

I'm back anyway, and it's good to be back :D How are you?

BB
~Blessings One and All~

[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Great to hear that...I understand how you feel! Since you were here, discovered I'm part Cherokee Indian. Not only that, am a moderator at Native American Community message board.

Have a new site. Here is a page I've just added today on stones.
http://www.peacewinds.com/main/native/prstones.html

Good to hear from you again! :wink:
Cherokeewind
[Enlightenment]

Glad to hear you're doing well :D Wow, Cherokee Indian hey, how cool ::coolglasses::

Your page is looking good too.

Great to hear from you again!!!
~Blessings One and All~

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”