Wiccan/pagan music?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Blazewind

Wiccan/pagan music?

Post by Blazewind »

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good music for pagans and wiccans. I've been looking for some, but without knowing where to start, it's next to impossible.
thanks
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

It's not really wiccan music...heck it's not pagan either but it's nice and they do talk about interesting stuff in the lyrics. I also like to meditate on the guitar. The band is called Blackmore's Night. Ritchie Blackmore is the guitarist (ex Deep Purple for those who don't know him)

I have no idea real pagan music though, sorry. And I'm not Wiccan so I can't help there either.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Loreena McKennitt
Enya
Clannad
Within Temptation
Stevie Nicks

All bands/singers I highly recommend.

For more info check out this site
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/ba ... agrock.htm
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Libana "The Circle is Cast" OMG this is the most amazing music. vocals done so well it makes you cry. My friends played this at a Yule party, and we spent the whole time listening to it. :-)

Inkubus Sukubus has been mentioned.

ThouShaltNot is great, but not specifically wiccan. They do have spiritual songs that are compatible with pagan belief however. "The Great White Beyond" and "The Holyness of Now" are my favorites.

INXS for some reason... he did a song about The Green Man. :-)

No one has mentioned "Dead Can Dance" yet? For shame! "Labyrinth" is a good starter album.

Along similar lines, Corvus Corax has some great historical music. Not only medieval stuff but some Greek stuff too.

For instrumental, I also like "Nox Arcana" and "Midnight Syndicate". Great stuff.

"Boiled In Lead", and oddly enough, "Manheim Steamroller". IF you are going to go new age, go with the classics. :-)

And if you want the absolute best kickin olde time Celtic music, Go no further than "The Bothy Band". Their first album is a classic that should never die. Goes great with Guinness!
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Oooh oooh can't beleive I forgot Jethro Tull!
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

Thanks guys for the great hints about songs and artists. I cheaked out some of them... the ones I could find. Loreena Mackennit have some great stuff, as does Enya. LOL, funny as it seems I would ofter hear one randon Lorena MacKenneit song on the radio called the merrmerers dance, (I think). Until I heard it again, looking for her music, and later looked up the lyrics, I had absolutely no idea that that was indeed a wiccan song. I could never really listen to the words very well while driving, lol. Besises, it made it to mainstream radio. I have always liked the song alot, but never gave much thought to it. I have also managed to find a good deal of music from Inkubus Sukkubus. I love most of what I found. I think I would call them oneof my favorate groups. I discovered a song called trinity the other day which is a beautiful song,and so many other have great lyrics.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Gotta add to the list Parnassus (now known as Chalice and Blade), Alchemy VII, Loke E. Coyote, Emerald Rose, Mothertongue, and Gaia Consort.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

I don't know if it fits but "Night Wish" is a good one in my opinion.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
XunderXtheXmoonX

Post by XunderXtheXmoonX »

well i find the band 'dead can dance' to be good music to play during rituals and such. 'new age' is a good genre of music too. the band 'Inkubus Sukkubus' is new age i like the song 'wiccan lullaby'.
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

enigma is good too although sometimes a bit sensual its great for in the bedroom ha
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
Amanda_BH

Post by Amanda_BH »

It's kinda old and not really a Pagan song but the song Voodoo by Godsmack is really good. The video is really awesome though, if anyone has seen it.... :)
Mannun

Post by Mannun »

[SnowRaven]

Post by [SnowRaven] »

I too love Libana - her two CD's, A Circle is Cast and Night Passage: Invocations for the Journey have really wonderful songs on them that I play during every Esbat ritual. [Full Moonlight Dance, Dark of the Moon& We All Come from the Goddess] this last song is amazing!!!!

Also:

Kelliana
Desert Wind
Laura Powers
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Pagan music

Post by Release.the.bats »

Try Faith & the muse & "Pagan love song" by Virgin Prunes.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”