Water is the original element,

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

but the bible is IMO the 2nd greatest work of fiction ever (the 1st being Scientology). It was written about a guy, who proberly did exist but not with the powers claimed, around 500 years after his supposed death by a group of 20 or so catholics who wanted to suppress paganism and in effect destroy it by giving people the excuse to kill/maim/burn/dismember non-believers of christianity. If the bible was written at the time of Jesus (who was most likely black rather than the bible of white) it would have more credence but as it is it has very little truth within it.

Sorry for the anti-bible/christian rant, I dont intend to cause any offence to anyone who does believe in the bible/christianity ect. But pretty much everyday I get yelled at in my town centre by a 'Jesus Nut' who I have a go back at but because I have a job I dont stay around and yell at un-employed people.
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Preach it!

Seriously though, the point about the "biblically, god didn't create water"
is that, there are a few truths (and untruths) about the nature of the universe to be gleaned from the text.

Wine, for example...always a sacrament. Baptism...ie...the physical Water...spiritually cleansing, very true.

Homosexuals being an abomination, on the other hand....very untrue. has always been very untrue.

But the most important point of all, is that "god didn't create Water" which means (for all you marvelous argument seekers out there) that every christian, and jew MUST admit that, according to their OWN holy book...SOMETHING existed before their "god".....which...by and large...renders their entire "omnipotent deity" theory obsolete.

YAY!!!!!!!!!

feel free to copy/paste and post.

Thet
Thet
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

where does it say 'god' didnt create water?

I thought 'god' created the heavens and the earth (which would include water) the animals of the sea and land and then light, and then humans and everything was good and he lazed about and did bong loads on the 7th day
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

No no, I donno if you were brought up in a christian household (especially protestantism is relevant here) but those folx are very, very word specific,

Genesis

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters

Now, in eschatological studies, the word "deep" and the word "waters" are interchangable. You'll note, heavens & earth are the only two things that this god supposedly "created", and bibical scholars have come to agree that the "deep" was sort of "everything else, but at no point does this text state that this god created "the deep" or "the waters" merely "moved upon the face of it.

It's the biggest goof of all time as I see it.

The church has spent the better part of 1800 years perpetuating the concept that their way is the only way, their god can beat up your god...etc...and the 2nd sentence in their holy book" has a whole in it the size of the Milky Way.
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

will have to remember that. My parents are christian but not adamant, thier fine with my religious choices and stuff.

But as you said he looked upon the waters, so he didnt create water but it doesnt say he created fire either or air just earth. So earth is essentially a culmination of water, air and fire, Earth is borne of water, air and fire.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

I stumbled across a little more on Thales and this theory while looking for something unrelated.

http://www.thebigview.com/greeks/thales.html

"All things are full of gods."- Thales

Kolohe
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

When I first started on this board, many of the forums were closed to me, so I posted this in one of the places where I could post.

I realize now, it was probably not the best place...as, well...technically it's not a blog...but I suppose I can shift the direction a bit.

Uhmmm...o.k.

Water is the original element: The Blog.

(you can buy the t-shirt and the lunch box in the lobby on your way out)

Beijing...some year...some month...some day.

I am constantly surprised that a city this size can be sustained because the earth, the air and the water are all miserable.

We are in Beijing...and we are coughing.

I may have found some closet pagans...a lovely group of ladies from Europe.

I still haven't showered or brushed my teeth, but I am online.

Last nights wine was very good as I've begun to sacramentalize it by mixing the wine with various fruit juices and other things...much in the way of the Sakhmat Offering.

There's no t.v. here (read: it's all in Chinese...and what isn't in Chinese seems very dull...for television) but I have amassed a gigantic collection of pirated dvd's...all toward the supernatural or animated genre's

let's see...ah yes, plans are underway to move forward in terms of employment.

Wouldn't I just luv to get a job in Scotland...hey...who can argue that a muscley guy in kilt isn't just super-fab!!!

If not, hey, I can stay in Asia...at least there's the big, old Buddhist temples...;) that's worth the effort.

Still no headway on the tattooist front. A few people have mentioned they'd like to get some work done, but the ink they want might be more than my experience is prepared for...also, I need to get some more supplies...different sized needles and such.

In China, they equate tattoos with cosmetics..a reasonable conclusion, so, in order to get needles and ink, I have to go to the Beauty Supply where one can literally get any type of nail polish, in vast quantities for just pennies. The RMB is still glass ceiling against the dollar.

Alright...that's enough for now.

Thet
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Didja see Wil Smith in "I am Legend" ?

Like that...except I don't have a dog, never had a real wife or a kid, no nice house....

the dream I had last night? no...watch the movie...it looks more like that to me.
All of it...from the last year in Woodstock, to Ohio, Colorado, L.A., Xiamen...you name it...you folx really blew it...beyond repair.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Off today,

Recently got hired by a local Kindergarden to teach English. I donno where this will lead, but it might get me a TESL cert down the line.

The sky is gray today

It's getting warmer...has anyone noticed the world isn't having Winter so much anymore? It's like, it gets cold and such, but not as cold or snowy as it used to...I donno how much I buy Al Gores thing, it's definitely getting warmer.

The air here is dry, dry, dry and dirty. Last Saturday, my nose started bleeding.

The plants are all covered in this brown dust...even the grass makes little poofs of smoke when you walk on it.

I like Sushi, and wonder (considering the Chinese hatred for Japan) how these folx feel about serving Japanese cuisine.

No, really...man they f*cking hate the Japanese. Apparently during WWII, the Japanese Army make a surprise attack on several inland provinces and hundreds of thousands of people got killed...this bias is similar to certain American Southerners who believe the South will 'rise again" and that persons of African descent should still be slaves.

Another strange dream last night...man...my dreams used to be so beautiful...people I don't know in fantastic places and situations that couldn't possibly happen...now...meh...they retain a surreal quality, but in a mundane way, the symbology is too easily interpreted, the people are the usual cast of characters.
I mention them as nightmares, because they are horrifying, but I am not horrified...like watching a cheesy horror flick...like, what's happening on the screen is bloody awful, but it's done in such a mediocre way that instead of leaving the light on when you go to bed, you do the wave everytime someone gets killed.

The Spirits have advised me to concentrate more on the Egyptian pantheon than ever before. I believe this is because some of the people that I discuss religious topics with have gotten the wrong impression.
Again, the iconography of Hinduism for example, already has it's own context and despite my reevaluation/ mutation of certain figures, aspects and symbols, the people around me are predisposed to interpret what I say in the established/ traditional mode.

iow, I can say something like Mahakala, but anyone who knows anything about Hinduism is disinclined to hear what I truly mean. Therefore, mistaking my statement as advocating violence...tsk...tsk...no one has room for an evolution of interpretation?

So...back to basics. "
Go Kemet! With your Unknown Self! It's your Birthday...Not Really...!"

I've decided to get a few facial piercings, though I'm not sure if this is the right place to do it. Conditions here are slightly unsanitary and attitudes towards such things are less than accepting.

Through what appears to be coincidence, I am left little choice but to remain in the villa for much of the week. My pay, while adequate for things like wine and food and dvd's, is not enough for me to do much traveling.

I am fortunate if I get into town once a week to go to the temples.
The price of taxis is high, and the busses are something out of a Orwellian fantasy.
This is both fine and not fine. While I did spend my adolescence in such a way...ie...creating things to do instead of being bored..(and this situation is familiar to me so, therefore not driving me absolutely mad).I also feel as though I am really missing out on the opportunity to see places like the grottos on the Yang-Zhe, the Miao village and beautiful Tibet.

I am closer now to the temple at Ise than I have ever been, and it still seems unreachable.

I recently downloaded an album from Samira Said, a Moroccan singer that specializes in making Rai dance-able. It is marvelous music, truly.

There is a great tea here, from Japan, called Kirin, which is also available in the states...the Kirin, of course, being the mystical Horse/Dragon from the ancient stories and they make some damn fine tea...lemme tell you.

On the clothing front, I've found a chinese company that makes excellent underwear. It's similar to the american counterpart, but it also adds spandex to the cotton, so the shape holds without being too heavy a cloth.
I have found the pants here to be less than satisfactory. Most men in my age/size bracket wear what we would consider dress slacks for a work day, as well as dress/casual shoes.
My employer is, thankfully, bringing me back some shoes from the states as both my size and ethical requirements are unattainable here.

While in Fujian, I drank chinese wine, which, for the most part, I don't recommend. Here, wine and liquor from most other places is available.

New Year here is now over...I must say, the Chinese really know how to party...everyone gets like 2 weeks off from work...and every night there is a fireworks display, somewhere.

As I mentioned to some people, the opportunity has not presented itself for anything close to dating...which is fine. I prefer them beefy, tattooed and blonde anyway. I may have written about the gay club I went to, the dance floor is roughly the size of a mid-western kitchen...iow, tiny...full of chinese gays that were mostly dressed in the standard dark blue. The situation didn't seem so much a party atmosphere as exercise.
I feel sorry for them...there's a across the board, "don't ask, don't tell" policy in all facets of society...so the chinese gay scene is still basically in the closet.

o.k....I'm going elsewhere now.
AkanaAnash

AkanaAnash

Post by AkanaAnash »

Well, there I was....now here I am.

I want think about stuff.

I wanna drink coffee and see stuff...and write poetry and
get a new tattoo...I wanna call up people on the real phone
and say hey,

it didn't rain nearly enough today.

Thet
"The Prince Of Darkness is a gentleman"
W. Shakespeare
AkanaAnash

Post by AkanaAnash »

Today, I did several impossible things...not any determined number or for whatever duration...but they were impossible...

They've got this great soy milk here, you'd think they'd discovered it...wait...maybe they did...?

Yay Internet!!!!

http://www.soya.be/history-of-soy-milk.php

Like some soy-lattechino...it's bloody brilliant, especially mixed with vodka...
:)

Thet
"The Prince Of Darkness is a gentleman"
W. Shakespeare

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”