Christian Wicca

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

dat so true Obsidian_earthchild! beleifs. while all core beleifs are based on truths and peace, people usally miss or have misunderstood the core. Sometimes i think the worst thing the human race has come up with is religion, as it is the center of some of the worst war, and is used as a skapegoat(sp??) But it is also is the best thing too....... maybe its not the religions to blame but the people? u know wat they say "power currupts, absolt power currupts absoluity"
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
dread_pirate_steele

Post by dread_pirate_steele »

religeon is not at the core of this war.
-Lee
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

yeah i kno... i didnt mean this one.. i meant ones like the cursades... or like September 11 (although thats not a war....)

~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
Obsidian_Earthchild

Post by Obsidian_Earthchild »

Along the lines of "war"-

What is war? A dissagreement being fought over in physical terms. The winner basically is the last man standing. Religion has been around forever. It's what our nature i, to follow a supreme being. Although humans follow a million different beliefs its all on one core belief, thats there is someone in charge. Even athiest believe this. They believe that they are in charge of fate and what happens, and ultimatley they are their own God.

As, what you would call a "Christo-witch", I reccognize that not all people believe the same way I do. It's not to decide who's religion is better then the anothers. but as a witch we are supposed to live in harmony, having peaceful beings. Not prideful, or self eddifying. Do everything for the benifit of others and all will come back to you threefold. We, all sharing this same belief, would it be right to justify this as a "war" between other religions (christianity) and witches? Should we not then persue a lifestyle to show other people that we do not shun other religions,yet embrace the fact that we do share in that one core belief?
dread_pirate_steele

uhh, this isn't a religeon war that we're in, chap.
-Lee
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

i kno, i already said that........
~willow~

*blessed be*
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

anywayz... id forgoten wat this post is actully about???? anyone care to sum it up is a few simple sentences, unstead of me having to read pages of post again

~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Willow, in a nutshell, it was more or less about the basic conflicts between Christianity and Witchcraft/Wicca. (And mixing the two into one "religion"). A very interesting read. :28:
Obsidian_Earthchild

I agree. This has been an interesting conversation. I'm not sure that many people realise all there is to the two religions. Being a Witch its really hard not to be compared to Wiccans. Not that I have anything wrong with Wiccans, it is just don't agree with everything, though I share many of their beliefs. It would be best if I could have no label at all and just simply be...but we all know that this is impossible.

Well that was sort of a rabbit trail!

Obsidian
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

yesyes, i memba now, sorry

It is a very interasting convo, tho one i doubt will ever be resolve the conflict.... pity that.... as black eyed peas sing 'If u practice what u preach' then everybody would be accepted no matter what.

~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
dread_pirate_steele

negative. some people preach pretty nasty things. also, what i said last was not to you, willow, it was to Obsidian_Earthchild. I wasnt completely sure what they were saying with the post so i just said what i said there.
-Lee
Obsidian_Earthchild

I'm rather confused. What was the comment directed toward me? I don't think I quite understood.
dread_pirate_steele

its ok if you're confused, i repeated myself beacuse i was confused about what you posted what you did..and yeah, confusion confusion. lets just forget about it because yeah, confused.
-Lee
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

good point, some people do preach bad things..... this convo has left me rather confused about everything..... and i not totaly sure what 'side' im on..... ok... well mi contibutes have hit a brick wall....
~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

I don't know if this counts, but my boyfriend/familiar/guardian still believes in God, even though he is a Pagan and practices magick (chinese black magick in martial arts and more magick in spirit fights). He also believes that God is a woman (ain't he sweet?). He also believes in the polarity of good and evil, and demons and angels. I believe in the three aspects of my Goddess, but my views tend to be bi-polar too, because my three aspects are the Goddess of the Earth (named Artemis), Goddess of the heavens (Serene), and Goddess of Hades (Hecate). So our while views have Christian influences, we are both 100% Pagans all the way.

BY THE WAY: We are not Wiccans, so I realize that that religion would be non-applicable

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”