Tarot Book/ Guides

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Lady Garnet Eyes

Tarot Book/ Guides

Post by Lady Garnet Eyes »

Im attempting to learn tarot, but Im a little lost. Does anyone have some good books to help guide me. Im just a looking for a little help and advice. Im particularly looking for card meanings and how they effect each other. Just wondering, Thanks

Lady Garnet
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

i might be able to help you out with that.

if you send me a pm with your e-mail adress i will e-mail you a book i recieved about the meanings of the cards (the book uses the waite deck)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

The "Power Tarot" gives you good basic readings and interpretations for the various cards. IF you don't like this approach, then get the Robin Wood deck and her book. The nice thing about Robin's system, is that her cards are easily mnemonic and very pretty (nicer than Rider/Waite, in my not so humble opinion!). She also has a gentle and funny teaching method, and her cards are very compatible to a pagan path. Standard Tarot are often designed with high magick in mind.

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Books/ ... TDeck.html
applepolice

Post by applepolice »

Revolpathon wrote:i might be able to help you out with that.

if you send me a pm with your e-mail adress i will e-mail you a book i recieved about the meanings of the cards (the book uses the waite deck)
Is this an e-book? If so, would you mind sending it to me, too?

If so, I'll PM you my email addy. Thanks. :)
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I found this website when looking up tarot card meanings. She says in her intro that these are her opinions of what they mean, I've so far only read a few but she or he, seems to be legit and very detailed with her/his answers. Here's the link, I'm going to keep researching it myself.

http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/

I have a book for the tarot but it only gives like 1-2 sentances of the interpretation, which I think could never explain the meaning.

Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

it's a pictorial guide to the waite deck only.

it explains the picture's

the author is waite himself, so if you want it sure PM me or i dunno if i filled in my mail adress but if i did you could click the email button in my profile
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

it doesnt have to be used exclusively for the waite deck alone. you can use it in conjunction with other texts to gain further clarity too the cards in question.

Return to “Tarot Talk”