Lunar Eclipse

General questions and conversations about astrology.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Well Dear Dragon, there are many possibilities for spirit energy during an eclipse. It can be a time of culmination for finishing projects or beginning new ones. The old and the new seem to collide with eclipses and this can be depressing (when rehashing demons from the past) and exhilarating (when transforming the darkness of the past into a workable future). The basic meaning I give to eclipses (and others here will likely have more sophisticated interpretations) is simply "light is dark and dark is light"--it points to an old philosophy that reveals that darkness (the vacuum of space) is still a kind of light in the sense that it is its vessel. To carry the light is to be of the light---an eclipse is a time to inspect your shadow self--the darkness within and see that those old uglies are really light filled beauty in their own way. Generally and for the most part, shadow work is really enhanced during lunar eclipses. Sacred stones can also enhance this work such as Rainbow Obsidian and Astrophyllite. Interestingly, the eclipse energy is credited with the birth of human reason, science and philosophy, which I argue is seriously sacred spiritual energy. In ancient Greece in 585 BCE, a great man named Thales accurately predicted a lunar eclipse and this was one of the most profound moments in human development because it meant a) we have a link with the divine and can "read" divine works and b) we have the capacity to understand and attempt to control the universe we are in now. This gargantuan moment is considred both the birth of philosophy and the birth of science. Myth generally associates reason with the Sun, masculinity and daylight, but this was really because of the secret power of the moon. Another piece of evidence to support this claim is that the ancient matriarchal cultures of Mesopotamia in a sense "invented" time. They recognized the links between women's menstrual cycles and the cycles of the moon. Thus, plotting time, as an early form of human reasoning, is also feminine. Could the divine feminine be responsible for all of our science, politics, ethics etc.. which are all rooted in the human capacity to reason? This would change the structures of all the myths hitherto handed down to us. So, to sum up--the eclipse is the essence of the divine feminine murmuring in the darkness (that is light). The masculine is absorbed in its power. Some claim that eclipses balance the yin and the yang (feminine and masculine) but I tend to see it as the dominion of the deep feminine mystery that has the biggest stake in human potential.

I look forward to hear other interpretations. . .

Bright Darkness,
bsp
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

That was excellently put,Chris.Eloquent. I used the last two eclipses for the purpose of endings and beginnings,do you feel the energy rising too? -For me it is incredibly powerful,more so than any other phenomenon I 've experienced, ever.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”