Frogs and Tiny Dinosaur

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Peregrine

Frogs and Tiny Dinosaur

Post by Peregrine »

Normally I can tell if my dreams are just "brain droppings" and when my brain is trying to tell me something. For the past few months, I have had a hard time recalling any dreams at all and, if I recall anything, they are nothing to concern myself over.

Last night, however, I have not only a graphic, vivid recall of this dream, but it was so bizarre that I cannot even begin to decipher it. (I pride myself in tapping into the meanings of just vivid dreams before sundown.) Perhaps it has to do with the stress I have had over this past summer, which I need to discuss in another thread. :cry: In any case, I cannot emphasize that I am not making this up and I am not yanking anyone's chains here. I wish so many times that I could talk to Joseph (as in the Genesis story when he accurately interpreted the dreams of a wine servant, a baker, and the Pharoah himself).

In this dream, I was in a bedroom that I do not recognize in my waking life. In this dream, it was my regular bedroom. My husband and baby were with me. The room was solid white. It had white walls, a white floor, and even the bed sheets were solid white. Along the floor, a bunch of frogs and toads lined up. They were of many colors and breeds, but all of them the exact same size. They lined up behind each other and... began to "latch on" to the one in front of them. Each time they latched on, more would come in and continue the line. I was disoriented by this and asked my husband what was going on.

Just then, I saw a tiny solid black dinosaur (stegosaurus?) sleeping on the floor. The frogs upset it as it was trying to sleep but was awakened by their activities, and it began to walk away. But as it did, it stepped on my baby and walked over her. My baby, who was dressed in solid white, was not bothered by this. I noticed I was the only one who noticed what happened. My husband was too distracted at the frogs as they continued to line up and by now their chirping was getting very loud. I could hear people coming up to a window behind us and laughing at the frogs, and I felt aggravated that nobody noticed the baby dinosaur stepping on my baby... and why was my baby laying in the middle of the floor with all this going on?
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

As was said in the dream interpretation blurb, dreams are full of personal symbolism, so take my interp with a grain of salt. I'm using pretty general symbols here, so if it doesn't mesh with you, than don't worry about it. However, I'm getting a strong sense of what this dream means, so here's my go at it.

First, I think there are two separate things going on in your life. They may be related in some way, but two vectors or effects that are happening to your family. These are the focus of the dream White is the color of purity or love or spirituality. I think purity and safety are what they represent. Once again, your idea of what white means might be different. Or maybe it's your family color...

The frogs are something puzzling that's going on that is ultimately unimportant. It's silly and occupying everyone's attention, and people just aren't paying attention to the dinosaur in the bedroom, which represents the real threat.

In a dream like this, I don't think you will prosper trying to figure out the spiritual aspects of frogs and the like... unless you use totem animals a lot already and it's a deep part of your current spiritual focus.

It's just a warning not to be distracted by unimportant things and look for the true threat in your situation.
Peregrine

Bingo!

Post by Peregrine »

Thank you for the advice. You will have no idea how much I appreciate it until I share what information I found that just rang true to my heart. Who was it who said that dreams have a way of answering questions that we did not even know to ask (but should have)?

I did some research and discovered that, according to some resources, frogs represent major change, like an amphibian that transforms from a water creature to a land creature. While admirable and amazing (at least to this wee ghostie), these changes also mean that one must see things that s/he does not really want to see.

Let me just say now that you can learn a lot about your new husband when left to handle all of the paperwork, especially when you are trying to do things such as apply for a mortgage, have a baby, and take him to a doctor for routine medical exams. (a bit of :shock: + :lol: with some :oops: and :cry: ) I do love him but, if he were a house for sale, he'd be one of those "Handyman Specials." :lol: But I digress...

The dinosaur represents anxieties of feeling outmoded or outdated. In my waking life, I often make the remark, "I feel like such a fossil" or "Boy, am I a dinosaur or what?" These anxieties have magnified themselves now that I have a baby, who will turn only six months old around the same time that I will become forty years old. The fact that it is a black dinosaur means I have been getting depressed about it at times and the fact that it woke up from the noise of the frogs seems self-explanatory.

I have concerns that it will harm the baby, but currently the baby is not concerned about it at all and my husband, along with others, say not to worry about it. Meanwhile, we talk much about the other changes in our lives but to friends and family.

The white room? When I try to do meditations and such again, the only time I usually have is when everyone is asleep and I am laying in bed. I visualize white light a lot right especially lately. Maybe the influence is being felt. From what I read in my Kabballah e-newsletter, The Light will at times show us what we do not want to see but need to see. I do feel overwhelmed by all the changes and they just keep coming now, as though out of control and I get phobic that more are coming.

Better go. Baby is fussy.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”