Shoplifting squirrel

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
Eretik

Shoplifting squirrel

Post by Eretik »

Reuters - 2 hours 38 minutes agoHELSINKI (Reuters) -

A Finnish squirrel with a sweet tooth heads to a Finnish grocery shop at least twice a day to steal "Kinder Surprise" chocolate-shelled eggs.

"I named it the Kinder-squirrel, after the treats. It always goes after them, other sweets do not seem to interest it as much," the manager of the store in Jyvaskyla, central Finland, told Reuters.

The confectionary, which is intended for children, has a toy inside.

"It removes the foil carefully, eats the chocolate and leaves the store with the toy," Irene Lindroos said.

Unfortunately, the bushy-tailed thief does not clean up after itself, but leaves the wrappers behind, she added.

Squirrels have a well deserved reputation for being clever and adaptable animals. Many a home owner has seen the small rodents raiding their supposedly "squirrel-proof" bird feeders.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Tee hee...

Squirrels are cool. My grandpa has a big, healthy one in his backyard that he's constantly at "war" with. He says he hates the beggar, but I know better... he's actually teaching it acrobatics. The thing jumps a good 6 feet onto his "squirrel proof" bird feeder and never misses!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

lol, animals can be so cute.
Malvok

Post by Malvok »

In a place i used to live we had a squirrel i sort of adopted as a pet although it never came inside, we also had a small dog at a time.

This was my Ninja Squirrel, the squirrel quite often when our dog would go outside our dog, Fletcher liked to play with the squirrl, probably brought on by the squirrel.
The squirrl jump out of what appeared to be nowhere and them land on top of Fletcher's head and immediately leap off a run away up a tree.

Fletcher was never able to catch the squirrel and the squirrl never even scratched our dog. I always found it entertaining that the squirrel was always laying these sneak attacks on fletch.

ninja squirrels do exists :D
Bob: "I'm board"

Malvok: "So go on an adventure!"

Bob: "What adventure?"

Malvok: "Make your own own adventure then."

Bob: "Make my own? You can't just make up an adventure!"

Malvok: "Sure you can!"
**Malvok Steals Bob's Cloths starts running away**
Malvok: "THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!"
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I have some ninja squirrel aquaintances who live in my local park.lol. I 've seen squirrels 'outfox' cats too, that's pretty special to watch.lol again.
Malvok

Post by Malvok »

NINJA SQUIRRELS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob: "I'm board"

Malvok: "So go on an adventure!"

Bob: "What adventure?"

Malvok: "Make your own own adventure then."

Bob: "Make my own? You can't just make up an adventure!"

Malvok: "Sure you can!"
**Malvok Steals Bob's Cloths starts running away**
Malvok: "THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!"
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/21/gps- ... -iranians/

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEno ... RSS&rpc=22

http://wonkette.com/politics/election-d ... 212992.php

Can you say, "Global squirrel conspiracy"? :-P

Further squirrel fun:

http://www.sugarbushsquirrel.com/

Warning: people with anti-war sentiments may be offended by some content on this last site.
kai

Post by kai »

lol squirrels, rofl shoplifting and ninja :) man this is nice lol.
[Kai]
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

My friend, one snowy day, decided it would be hilarious to throw a snowball at a squirrel perched up in a tree.Anyways, she threw one and it missed the squirrel. I guess it knew what she was trying to do, because he grabbed a mini snowball and chucked it back at my friend!!

She hasn't messed with squirrels since then :lol:
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

One day,in the park, a friend of mine was eating 'jelly candies' and thought she'd give one to the squirrel nearby. The wee fella reached out and took it from her fingers,he then turned it over in his paws,sniffing it to check it's edibility. He decided it wasn't good enough and held it out in his paw for her to take back. It was so funny. Our squirrels have a Glaswegian sense of humour and don't have a fear of humans at all.

Return to “News/Articles”