grindhouse

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Tomcat0526

grindhouse

Post by Tomcat0526 »

OMG Rose McGowen is so hawt. lol oh my gawd. and her shotgun for a leg too........ I wouldnt mind. lol I loved it. First movie was great, second one took too long to get to the climax of it. Overall 8 out of 10 if your into terentino films.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Really?!?! It was good?!?! Great! I tried watching it last week but it didn't work out. I know, Rose is hot! I love her leg! I'm so envious! Did you see her on Tyra?!?! She really can stand like that with one leg in the air for that long! She had to take balancing lessons. Is the first one "Planet Terror" with Rose? The second is....umm....crap I forgot! Well it's the one with the car chase and Rosario Dawson, right? I can't wait to watch it! :D I heard many people didn't watch it because it was so long and they were thinking of re-releasing "Grindhouse" and spliting them into two seperate features. Personally, I think that would be a silly mistake. :)
webbspinner

Post by webbspinner »

Woul really like to see this before it's out of Theatres! I'm always up for a good Zombie flick!->o<-
It's bad luck to kill a spider...
Charmed:_I'm_Sure

Post by Charmed:_I'm_Sure »

I watched it in San Francisco and bought the DVD. It's a really cool movie. Rose is soo cool!!!
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

Yes--she was VERY hot.

I didn't get to see it in theaters. I really want to watch it though.
= (

I heard from some friends that it was amazing.
applepolice

Post by applepolice »

I saw the film in theatres and the effect was great (with the fake trailers, and the real 60s grindhouse clips). I loved Planet Terror. I thought it was a wonderful farce, and very entertaining. Death Proof on the other hand, bored me to tears and lasted way too long. I felt that Tarantino suffers from David Mamet syndrome in that he just struggles writing roles for women.
-Elizabeth

Duch chętny, lecz ciało mdłe.
Tart

Post by Tart »

She had a machine gun for a leg actually ;]
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

applepolice wrote:I saw the film in theatres and the effect was great (with the fake trailers, and the real 60s grindhouse clips). I loved Planet Terror. I thought it was a wonderful farce, and very entertaining. Death Proof on the other hand, bored me to tears and lasted way too long. I felt that Tarantino suffers from David Mamet syndrome in that he just struggles writing roles for women.
...I agree that following Planet Terror with Death Proof was quite a let down. Had they of started with Death Proof, we would have all embraced the collection of flicks as an audience, I think- start slow and crescendo ...but no, it was the other way around, so poor Death Proof doesn't get the ooh's and ahh's it probably would have otherwise.

But hey, it's 2 years after this posts' origination and we're still talking about it, so that's got to say something. :wink:

~BB~
*M

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”