Tarot with out Tarot

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Istaqa

Tarot with out Tarot

Post by Istaqa »

I guess this is a kind of confused question but then if i had the answers i wouldnt need to ask it. In the past i have done tarot for friends and my self with what would seem to be a fair degree of acuracy. Not just laying out possible futures but picking up things at the time from peoples past or present that could be confirmed.
There was a "feeling" i would get , sorry i cant describe it any better than that. Recently i got the same feeling when i was just talking to some one and was able to tell things about their past that i should not have known.
Thinking about it it seems i have these "insights" often enough to be noticable but not common.
I guesss the question is , with all the talk about right decks etc.. are the cards that important or are they more just a focus for some thing that could as easily happen with baseball cards or nothing at all?
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Well, there are a number of schools of thought on this one. It really does sound like you have some psychic gifts that don't really need the tarot to use.

Now, for me, I get different kinds of info for different tools. Also, each of my decks has an independent personality, and they seem to have an indwelling spirit. It seems to me that when I use them, the sprit and I combine forces and are able to come up with things together.

I also do some scrying, and that's a very different way of doing things. When I scry, I see pictures in my minds eye that reflect the situation in some way. It often takes me a while to figure them out. I'm not generally aware of a spirit giving me info and advice when I scry... though I assume it comes from somewhere. :) I tend to think of it as getting info from the Gods.

I know people who use tarot who say that the images spark their knowledge, like a focus.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"each of my decks has an independent personality, and they seem to have an indwelling spirit. It seems to me that when I use them, the sprit and I combine forces and are able to come up with things together."

i agree with that totally.

Istaqa, have you ever considered or actively attempted psychometry?
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

The Tarot cards are the tool not the skill, they are a means of expression not the source. Much the same with all divination, the skill and ability lies within, the medium used is to enhance and interpret the information given.Psychometry - the interpretation of inanimate objects which carry the personal influence of the owner? [ such as jewellery etc.?] That is a handy ability to have and work with.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"Psychometry - the interpretation of inanimate objects which carry the personal influence of the owner? [ such as jewellery etc.?] That is a handy ability to have and work with."

that it is, if one has skill in psychometry they can learn lots. Onyx is psychometrers best friend!
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

How about this for psychometry Sobek - touching someone, clothes or arm etc, handshake maybe [for the first time] and flashing their life and experiences, can be interesting, often uncomfortable too. Any experience of this?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i havent gotten images as such on contact, though i have recieved sounds and thoughts. I get the uncomfortable factor lol. i havent consciouslly delved into psychometry yet, but these things happen. maybe one day i will be compelled to do so, but untill then i have other things to do >:|
Istaqa

Post by Istaqa »

Istaqa, have you ever considered or actively attempted psychometry?
Never attempted though it sounds a little like what happens, certainly some thing to keep in mind.'

Return to “Tarot Talk”