A specific question of Electional Astrology

General questions and conversations about astrology.
jcrowfoot

A specific question of Electional Astrology

Post by jcrowfoot »

Hi, Chris, It's me (again!)!

I'm looking at a good time to set the date for me and my sweetie's wedding. What do you look for? Do you use a composite chart to compare to the time in question, or am I making it all more complicated than it needs to be (as usual!)? I mean, it would SEEM obvious that Venus should be well aspected... or is it? Is it more an issue for, say the normally dour Saturn, since Marriage is not just about love, but about limits, and is, in essence, a binding? Does Juno have anything to do with it? Yes, I know the *goddess* does, but what about the astroid?
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Hi jcrowfoot,

I haven't been around for a while, so sorry for the delay. It is nice to see everything up and running again!

Your questions are great as usual: I have used astrology to help find a few wedding dates for friends, family and myself! I was married on a Tuesday night because the charts indicated that this would be ideal energy--and they were correct--the wedding was perfect! One has to take alot into account when deciding on wedding dates. 7th house, 4th house energies are ideal. For example, one with fourth house Aquarius should be married under an Aquarian moon. Yes, a good Venus aspect is always great, but one should work closely with the ruling planet's of each individual. I do not know either of your charts so can offer little by way of direct analysis. Perhaps you would like me to take a look at these charts for you? Juno, the wife, is not really that powerful, but, if you are looking for optimal conditions, then yes, take this asteroid into account to. Typically, I start with the synastry charts to work with the houses to find common ideals for the couple. Then, I do a composite chart to cross check the energies and see if there is something more to consider. And, as stated above, the Moon is quite important, so always start with where the moon will be and if it beneifts both charts. Intuition guides and it seems that you have well developed insights into these enrgies, so I imagine that yur wedding will be blissful!! Again, if you like, I can help you with some of this, but not until later in April as I am swamped until then. Bonne chance!

With light,
bsp
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Thanks, BSP. I'm sorry I somehow missed this post when you posted it.

We were thinking in October or November, since my fiance has to go through some spiritual work before we can get married, and won't be available until after Easter of next year. I don't even remember if I pm'ed you the info!
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Hi jcrowfoot--no worries. . .the message will always get there--it's just a matter of when. . . as for electional astrology, I've had a while to think on it some more and I still think synastry and composite are the best ways to decide on relations, the electional style of highlighting certain features like "accident prone" and the days of the month where this is more likely all on a nice colour coded bar graph seems a little reductive for more astro-analytical tastes. Sure it can give a quick general overview, but does energy really work this way? It seems that it really tries to box astrology in. Granted, astrology is a kind of box, but electional astrology takes this to the extreme--plus with chart analysis one can actually explode the rigid boxes and see that say Mars in the 12th behaves a certain way only because the individual was born to a domineering mother and non-existent father which, in turn, shapes the way one reads the 4th house etc... Electional astrology seems to take all the psychoanalysis out of it. . .and that's 3/4 of the fun (in my opinion, of course).

No, I never did do your chart or your hubby's---the offer is always open. . .

Blessings,
bsp

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”