Whats the story behind your username?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Natresse

Post by Natresse »

I'm known in most places i frequent as Natresse. Different message boards and online games. It's just my 'other' name now.
`amber

Post by `amber »

hahahah!! mine was because i love playing with fire.. and the fire wasnt really those big fire it was small.. like soak my had in cold water till it numbs then abit of kerosin so yea.. amber kinda flames were my hands and all so my friends called me amber and i add in msn like " amber flames from hell" kinda thng 4 the fun of it :D
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

lemme get this straight, you light your hand on fire?

i set my foot on fire once (while wearing shoes that is) and my pants but never my own body directly, how do you not get blisters?
`amber

Post by `amber »

ice numbs your hand..
followed by kerosin
light it up
last about less then 5 min
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

but having your hand on fire will warm it up right. even normally numbing with ice water won't last that long does it?
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

Nope, she's right. I tried it once.

Normally you can feel the burn after 2.5-3 seconds but with the ice you can keep it for much longer. I am always playing with fire, and it depends when you actually feel the pain.

That's the secret to walking on coals. Walk fast.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

lol loved your last sentence :P

though i know running on coals isn't a good thing :P
i should try to set my hand on fire, the only problem is making ice water. i can't make icecubes fast enough for that plus my mom will freak out if she found out :P

playting with fire is nice, sometime's i make mold's and melt some plastic into that mold to make figurine's really stupid but i like the fire and all that.
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

Ice cubes can be done in a day. Then pour water over them and salt. It's should reach - degrees in no time.

Also don't run on charcoals :P Just walk fast. And with caution. If you're into that sort of thing. I watched but haven't tried walking all the way. I decided I like the skin on my feet and wouldn't risk its safety.

Also playing with fire draws odd looks. I play with my lighter, since I am a smoker and always have at least 3. Pyromaniac?? Me? *whistles innocently*
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

lol there are times i have 7 lighters with me and other times where i need to ask for a light :P

i have a zippo, and somehow when i buy lighter fluid for it i always have to buy two cans bacause one can alway's goes up with me setting something on fire in my room, (in a controlled way ofcourse).

fire is my element (along with water and earth)

i didn't know salt also helped to cool down, i sucked at chemistry in school :P
`amber

Post by `amber »

hahahah.. yeap.. it's really fun.. but.. when i play with fire, i always prepare a bucket of water then in case of anything. haha.. just a precaution.. haha.. well, its' fun but don't try.. haha.. i smoke too.. and yea.. i own many lighters too.. haha
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

A mixture of rock salt, ice, and water packed in the bucket can bring the temperature down as low as -21°C.

Also what is it with smokers and lighters? I adore them, and would gladly grab my friends' lighters because they don't appreciate them. I also tend to collect.

I can't say how many times things burst into flames around me. So do take measures of precaution if you want to try. ...my element is water, strangely enough.
`amber

Post by `amber »

ooh.. haha.. well i don't know bout that.. haha well just gotta be careful.. fire can be a good servent but a bad master.. =X yea i think thats it..
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Um, yeah. A friend of mine once bought a refurbished WW II era flame thrower to play with. He was a pyro too. And he burned his apartment down. I'm not kidding. I was there. Not while it burned... but I remember going over to see him (he wasn't answering his email, and often people "just showing up" was ok) but the entire apartment building was just burned to the ground. I found out later (from his room mate... who was also a friend of mine) that his pyromania caused the blaze.

Wow, setting your hands on fire. That sounds like.... fun! Though I keep a fairly tight leash on my pyro dreams. I just collect pictures of burning buildings and have fun with blazing candles. I have one of those blue-flame jet lighters that sounds like a mini-jet engine and you can light up in a hurricane force wind.
Faeth

Post by Faeth »

My username is just a nickname I chose for myself, since my birth name is Alexandra, and the nickname everyone knows is Alex. But Ive given up on that name, on my past. So, Im trying to get rid of the name that links me to the past. ^^
But, a name I would choose is Faith, but thats all thats hit me right now....
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

i got a "jet" lighter like that too (and one that looks like a fire extinguisher), but hurricane winds will force it out, a slight gust in the nozzle is enough to disrupt the oxygen flow in that lighter to extinguish it.

Return to “For Everyone”