Past Lives

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
[cosmo]

Post by [cosmo] »

That is a very interesting debate, the whole fate and destiny vs free will as it pertains to the reincarnation of the body and the spiritual path besides... the fates act more as guide toward a destinty which not every person has in one particular life or another, a destiny being a special place guides by the fates... there are what one might call spaces of destiny that have not yet a name that wait to be filled by those who prove by fate through actions while in the body that determine what places will be fulfilled if this makes any sense to you... one may have arrived from a previous life more qualified for destiny by his experience in the past having been a king or fool but is now the fool or king or madman or great man of which the prohecy speaks, our errors being of no regard or simply mechanisms of fates to the higher power that regards the things of men in secret. Very enigmatic but true if you have that belief.
twilight_lilly

Post by twilight_lilly »

I think I used to live in Edinburgh in the 18th century.

In January I read a book and a few chapters were set in Edinburgh (and then the characters moved on and it was never really mentioned again) and it made me really depressed and made me feel weird..like I wasn't completley 'all there', I felt sad and I wanted to 'go back.' And then it went away after a while and I continued with my life. Just recently I was planning a trip on a plane, somewhere In Europe and Edinburgh came up, so I thought that would be a nice place, and I started getting depressed again, and the feelings came back.

Is it possible I was there in a past life?

I'd love to be regressed, there is a program on UK tv sometimes in the afternoon where famous people are regressed, it's quite interesting sometimes.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I thinkyou should go. Being pulled like that,is something worth acting on.You may find answers or more questions.lol. I was taken somewhere as a child and began describing places there,which I 'd never seen with great accuracy. I knew where to go.I also described buildings etc. and where things had changed,from what I knew.When this was checked I was found to be correct. Strange stuff.Edinburgh is a beautiful and interesting city, loads of history and derring do. A great holiday if nothing else.lol.Good luck.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

"Going back" can be a very difficult decision. For me, it happened by accident. I was in a German class with my high school, and we went to Germany during my senior year for six weeks, partially I lived with an exchange family, and I also spent a week and a half doing the touristy thing.

During that touristy thing, we visited several ex-concentration camps that were turned into museums. Most of them were disturbing in the conventional sense, but little more than that.

However, one in Berlin made me physically ill. I had visions, I couldn't walk, I felt feint and unreal. I could see those prisoners marching, hear them being executed, etc. The burly Jewish guards threw me out, because they thought I was being disrespectful. In fact I was just very very sick. I'd apparently fallen back against a wall that many many people had been shot in front of.

I could hear the dead talking to me. It was very disturbing and horrible. After being thrown out into the rain, I went across the street to the cafe to try to regain myself. There, a middle age grey haired woman (who looked all the world like a librarian) who offered me a seat at her table. When I told her what happened across the street, she nodded sadly. Unlike everyone else, she believed my stories. She asked me about my ancestors... did I have any Jewish relatives? German rebels, that sort of thing? She asked me for maiden names and other sir names for my grand parents and great grandparents. We found out that one branch of my grandmothers family had been entirely eliminated at this camp. IN fact, the only Leindeckers left in the United States, or indeed the world, are a childless pair in their golden years as far as we can tell. I didn't even know I had Jewish ancestry until this trip.

So what does this have to do with past lives?

Well, starting the night I got back from this camp, I started to have dreams. Dreams of being a prisoner in said camp. They were vivid and consecutive and told me the life of a woman in such a bad place. This was one instance where being young and pretty was a *bad* thing.

This went on for a good six months. My last dream, of her death, happened the night before Schindler's List opened at the theaters.

Before this, I'd been pretty skeptical of past lives and whatnot. After all, most people claim to be famous people or such and... how many people could have been Napoleon or Cleopatra? But I digress. I go on the record saying that knowing past lives doesn't usually give you the insight into your current life that many people claim.

Also, with so many paths to the Divine out there, there are multiple ways of getting there. I think some people have past lives, and some people don't. And it doesn't really matter one way or the other. After all, if we are judged, one life or many lives, each being is responsible for their own actions. If there is fate, than it can only buffet us one way or the other from the outside, like the current of a great river. One can still paddle, or use the current for good or ill.

Another thought: if pure predestination is true, what profit does the Divine have for judging us for being what we were made to be?

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”