grounding question

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I think when a conscious, direct connection is made for a specific purpose, then 'tapping' into the energy is what is being done. I believe we are all a part of Earth and the energies flow within us. I am differentiating between that and and the use of the energy as mentioned in previous posts.
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

:shock: Wow, thatguy! That was really insughtful! Qi Gong hunh? I don't know too much about that and Taoist thought, only really in theory, but you describe you way of doing things well. Thank you for taking the time out for that.
I think the way you work with energy is beautiful, and I can see many similarities in how we deal with the energies in nature, as you stated.
I love to meditate myself. I haven't gotten to the point of the "total quiet mind" yet, but it gets very hushed and I love that! I am never prepared for what happens when I get to those states. One of the most beautiful and simple experiences I have had while meditating was a validation of being loved by the universe, and not hated because of my mistakes. I know it sounds like a "duh" but during an expansion of the mind, I guess simple, loving phrases we take at face value have a much deeper meaning. Meditation is medicine! Lol.
I also understand about clearing your channels. I kinda view that as a cleansing of the body. I cleanse my astral bodies and expect that my channels are being cleared as well. This really does help me to make a deeper connection while meditating or performing a ritual.
As far as healing goes, I like to use reiki or other natural sources for energy beforehand. I don't know if you get depleated, but my energy doesn't like co-mingling with others' energies too well, especially if it has been over a long period of time. Even if just hanging out with friends. I can't do that everyday because I just need me time. (Sounds selfish but hey... lol) I don't know why I don't feel the same way about Earth and nature. I know I can't stay permanently tapped into her energy, but I do view the Earth as being my mother, and that the harshness I see in her, I also see in myself and in everyone else. She is multifaceted, but I don't think her intention would be to do real harm. I am a big believer in everything happens for a reason, so if I ever experienced an overload (none to date that I know of lol) I would have to take it as a warning that I need to slow down and that I have a lot more to understand about what I'm doing before I try to do this again. I do try to take baby steps though, whith everything I do, mundane and magickal. I'm just naturally cautious. :P But whatever I experience, I believe its because she wants me to, and it just has to be for a reason. (I have been known to be off in the interpretations of reasons from time to time too. Oh we'll, just human I guess. Lol)
I was refering to your above post when asking about why you view the energy as being destructive. But you did answer my question very well, and I believe you make a lot of sense. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that though, as I want it to make sense in my words too. Although its not a lesson I want to learn first hand, sometimes it is easier for me to learn things as I go through them... This has been the story of my life. *rolls eyes* What makes sense to me are the "pipes" you speak of, and having them being overloaded with too much energy. Although I must admit, as with Qi Gong, I only understand it in theory.
As for my experience with the rocks or crystals... I love them so much because they are old. They hold sooo much wisdom. There energy is very slow, yet vibrant. *sigh* it's hard to describe, sorry. But holding them in the palm of my hand and meditating with them connects me almost instantly to their energies. The first stone I ever touched was an amethyst crystal. I seemed to make my whole body buzz with a deeply relaxing energy. This is the crystal I use the most, as I do a lot of meditation and this stone definately aids in meditation. Each stone "feels" different to me when I pick them up or place my hands over them. Moonestone feels "milky" and peaceful to me, its almost a scent... and labradorite feels like a shadow. I feel so flaky right now, but you know it's really so hard to describe these things.
One thing I do know however, is that this is just my way of viewing things, and that at this time in my life, it's right for me. I truly love all of the different traditions and beliefs and I think we need them all if we are to truly call ourselves human beings. Who wants to be the same anyway?
OMG! Thanks so much for listening to me babble and asking for more! How very brave of you, lol! And thank you for your wonderful insights. I apreciate them very much.
I hope that somebody was able to help you too, Steven. There are a lot of wonderful viewpoints in this topic. BB
DarkWoman

All healing takes place in the dark.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Dark Woman, I'm glad my explanation made some sense to you. I agree with you, we all have many ways of looking at things. I really enjoyed reading your comments. I wanted to respond earlier, but at the time I read your post I was too busy to respond fully :)

I think that quieting your mind "totally" as you put it is one of the most powerful techniques for attaining-knowledge/seeking-solutions that I've ever encountered. I also find it one of the most difficult techniques to execute.

I've studied Taoist thought to some degree, and I find the writings interesting. My own path isn't strictly taoist, but many of the principles are shared. There's a lot there to see.

I like how you how describe your connection to the Earth. You've probably become a lot like those aspects of nature with which you interact (energy-wise) and I think this is beautiful. Maybe your sense that your energy doesn't like co-mingling with others' energies too well is related to this. I'm hazarding a guess, but it may also be because you're too fair with people. You're probably more independent and influential than many people you encounter (and more than you realize), and you over-compensate for this.

I really understand what you mean by "sometimes it is easier for me to learn things as I go through them..." I have to admit that this type of learning might have big costs, but I sincerely believe it's the best way to truly honor and respect yourself. So kudos to you. :)

I don't think you're being flaky, and I definitely don't think you're babbling. You sound very intelligent, open-minded and sure of yourself. Yours words honestly moved me. Thank-you for the comments on the stones, I will definitely attempt to examine some stones at the next opportunity. I look forward to what they will teach me.

cheers,

T. Guy.
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

Thatguy, thanks for your message. It made me smile. And trust me when I say I know life has been crazy lately. Who can blame anyone for taking care of their responsibilities (and getting adequate rest). I've been busy too (Go Go Go!) Since last April I've been saying "It'll slow down" lol.

Anyways... as you were saying about the quiet mind... hopefully one day I can achieve that. I love meditation and believe that it's a very powerful practice, but it's also very difficult. I gain a lot from guided meditations too. I think it would be harder for me without the aid of crystals, which I encourage you to try sometime. Experiment with them and see what you think. I'm a big promoter of crystal therapy lol, so if you ever begin working with them, you should post a thread about it and let everyone know how it goes. I'd love to hear about crystal work from another perspective.

You make a good point about me not being able to handle other people's energies as well as I can handle the many energies in nature. I had to wonder why too, because people come from nature... so I came to the conclusion that it might be about the vibrations people have. Let's face it. There are predators and prey. Different vibes there. Oil and water... enough said. I am a part of a group of witches and I can spend many happy hours with a lot of them. But when it comes to me being at school, there's fewer people I can do that with. I even need a break from my best friend sometimes :( and when it comes to being in the mall... forget it!!! A fews hours and I'm done. My attitude has completely switched from happy to totally annoyed. That's sad. I should try sheilding more.

As far as the learn-as-you-go-through-it process, I sometimes hate it, but then again you really do learn best sometimes from first hand experience. I know that if it hadn't been for the experiences I've had, I'd still be a very close minded person. My own falls made me realize my own humanity, and therefore everyone elses. When I learned this lesson at the age of 10 or so, I thought that I was a late learner and felt so bad about it, however I see people around me today that haven't learned that nobody's the same and nobody's perfect. Hopefully that'll change, maybe even in our lifetime!!! I remain hopefull.

Thanks for your posts. this was a good discussion from which I learned many new things, and I love that. Many blessings,
DarkWoman
All healing takes place in the dark.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: grounding question

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old post
Steven wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:28 pm
Here is my question: Has anyone ever heard of drawing the energy up and into them, essentially grounding in reverse to harness the very energy that grounding dissipates? We are using the energy that we later ground, are we not? Could gathering more energy (if this is doable) possibly amplify results?
That is essentially how I learned to raise energy working outdoors, and energy can be drawn into a staff while tracing the circle as well. The caduceus seems to me to be a symbol of this drawing up of earth energy. It’s best where there is underground water. It’s a good idea to dowse the area to discern if the energy flow is healthful and beneficial first & not stagnant. We are using earth energy directly & not our recycled formerly grounded energy.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: grounding question

Post by Firebird »

I have some thoughts to add, but little time ATM.
But think of the Earth as operating on kind of an AC rather than DC current.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”