Ahh... Finding Peace!

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Sercee

Ahh... Finding Peace!

Post by Sercee »

It's so beautiful outside right now. I'm in the middle of a blizzard! It's about -16C and the snow is so thick you can't see into the parking lot (which, btw, is only about 30' from where I sit)!

I love it when it snows like this. Everything is going to be covered and quiet. When I get home from work I'm going to bundle myself up and go meditate in the snow just to see what inspiration it might bring! I know it will bring feelings of peace.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

that sounds worth of admiration, i'd love to meditate in snow. but alas, i cant.
Suki1016

Post by Suki1016 »

That sounds wonderful. We're suppose to have a good snowy winter. I hope so.
The world seems not the same
Though I know nothing has changed
It's all my state of mind
I can't leave it all behind
I have to stand up to be stronger---Pale by "Within Temptation"
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

There's 6" of fresh powder outside. Yes!

I feel for you, Sobek, I really do. Come to Alberta/BC. I'll show you what snow really is!
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

OMG i'm in edmonton, wasn't the blizzard awsome, I went outside in the blizzard and knelt and just felt nature. It was so amazing...*sigh*
[Epothes]

Post by [Epothes] »

Sounds like a wonderful day to be able to do that. I wouldn't be able to meditate in that, I'd suddenly turn into a kid and start throwing snowballs at people.
~Epothes~
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

My first thing is making a snow angel, then throwing snowballs - wish we had snow, I love it.
TheFireWithin

Post by TheFireWithin »

It's super hard for me to meditate inside because my mind wanders way too much ( I'm working on it) but I can do it the most easy outside on a warm day (Unfortunately, it's winter now.... for those of you living in Austraila) laying on the grass. I have never yet meditated in the snow, maybe next time it snows I'll try it. It sound very nice, though.
Live
Love
Life
Happiness
-Mallory
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Sounds awsome Sercee, never meditated in snow before but many other places, thats gotta be on my list now :D

Have a good one!
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
[ForestWitch]

Post by [ForestWitch] »

I'm jealous of all of you who have snow! I'm used to lots of snow and we've barely gotten any this winter. For me, being out in just the right type of snowfall (good and heavy, big fat flakes, not too much wind) is pure magic (should I say magick?) - especially if I can be in it right at dusk.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i'd be willing to argue that summer in Australia is as bad as any, last time i checked we were the most arid country in the world.

your northern hemispherians experiencing winter are lucky, more so those with snow, because im doubting either will come to australia again lol
TheFireWithin

Post by TheFireWithin »

Oh Sobek, I wasn't saying anything about the weather, but its summer there when it's winter here...... I didn't want you to think I was crazy because I didn't go out when it's summer because it's cold.... If you get what I mean.
Live
Love
Life
Happiness
-Mallory
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i know mallory, but i always bring up the weather lol dont know why. and fear not ive learnt to account for seasonal difference
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You're still invited, Sobek! There's a lot of snow here.

Shaman of Bliss, I didn't know you're in Edmonton. Do you live here or are you just visiting? Anyway, yes I loved that last Blizzard! I got to stay home from work because I couldn't even back up my truck in the parking lot and couldn't see past the street through my living room window! It was so beautiful to watch, with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate!

I didn't meditate in that though. I do that when the snow has stopped and it isn't *too* cold.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I handle temperature well, and I didn't stay out long, just enought to pray to the Goddess and to store away some of those amazing energies I gathered in the fury of the storm. Plus my mom didn't know about it, she would have killed me if I told her I went out in light clothing into a blizzard and sat down for several minutes. and if anyone was wondering I didn't get a cold or neumonia, I contribute it to the Goddess' approval.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”