Tiredness

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Comus

Tiredness

Post by Comus »

I know this has nothing to do with dreams, but lately I have been going to sleep at a reasonable hour (9, 10 pm) and waking up in the morning, having slept soundly all night, and feeling absolutley tired, as though I haven't slept a wink. Very strange. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Anyone else have the same problem?
Idz qaala
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

you might have an over active mind before you go to bed
or your suffering from stress
i dont get tired until about 4am these days and wake up at a stupid hour lik 9am leaving me with 5 hours sleep and feeling tired.

is there anything you do before you go to bed? like have a warm drink or a bath? you should try anything thats relaxing or fall asleep listening to gentle music.
i know it helps more if your *trying* to get to sleep.

all i can think of is over-activity in the mind.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

yeah similar to what smolly said your brain mightn't be relaxing so you can't regenerate sufficiently try some aromatherapy.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

The major reasons I can think of are these:

1) Eating lots of sugar.
2) Drinking lots of coffee, tea (even green tea); smoking.
3) Taking any other kind of stimulant.
4) Pushing yourself beyond your normal routine for a prolonged period.
5) Regular and intense emotional experiences for a prolonged period.
6) Physically under-active/sedentary for a prolonged period.

My first guess would be that you're taxing your nervous and endocrine systems beyond their ability to recover to their naturally balanced state. Most people have a capacity to do this for short periods when necessary, but at some point you need to restore your reserves.

My second guess would be that you're not physically exerting yourself enough and your chi is stagnating.

If you think any of these might be the cause, let me know, maybe I can offer some more advice.

cheers,

T. Guy.
[Kris]

Post by [Kris] »

Don't worry Comus, I have the same problem. Or some night I will lay down at about 10 and I wont be able to go to sleep until 11:30 or 12. And getting up at 5:30 in the morning, that doesn't help any. Some of the reasons that "thatguy"said actually sound reasonable. I have been stressed more lately. And I have been have emotional problems also. But shhhhh. You guys don't know that! :)
*The way we respond gives the things we respond to a special quality. In a sense, we make them what they turn out to be for us.*
jacob_maes_hughes

Post by jacob_maes_hughes »

Ive been dealing with the same thing for a few years now. I keep pushing my body to do its normal thing everyday dealing with school, work, friends drama, family drama, personal drama and i think its the stress we put are self through.

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”