Book of Shadows

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
MissingGrace

Book of Shadows

Post by MissingGrace »

I was wondering about everyone's book of shadows. I am trying to create mine, and I'm just hitting a wall on how to do it. I have all of the spells i've tried, the quotes, blessings i've done, almost everything I need to create it, but the actual work on how to do it, that's what I'm having trouble with. Can someone please guide me on how to go about putting mine together?

Blessed Be
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

you need help with binding? well, just put all of the pages you want in a pile, and thread a needle with a ribbon, and pierce throuhg one row of pages at the top, one ot the bottom, and one in the middle. thats how to bind the pages a homey way, i do it more professionaly, but that is very complicated.
MissingGrace

Post by MissingGrace »

It's not just the binding. It's the whole process I guess. What goes into which section, stuff like that. The blessing of the whole book for the beginning. I guess, what I mean , is kinda step by step, from the beginning. I tried looking online and I couldnt find anything
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

ok, well pm me if you want a ful guide. i am not giving out my book making techniques. i am not tryin to make a friend, i just want to keep my binding secret, becuase i made it myslef.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

good for you(!)

well all i did for mine was use an art book. put stuff in there as i saw fit. since it was in no particular order i labelled certain sections with those strange sticky coloured strip things. i also have a digital version. i will probably make a more ordered one once i have sufficient amounts of stuff.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

you could get one from witchesmoon
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

if i were to buy one of them i wouldnt write in it...EVER!
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

First off, remember that what you put into one is only what you feel you want to have in it. If you aren't sure, ask yourself why you aren't sure.

Second, as for the sections and what to put in, You decide the sections. Mine is three volumes. One is rituale. It had Celebratory rights/Holiday ritual/Alter arraingment/equip./Indiv. rights/Pers. polocies for aquiring or making items and any blessings or meditation chants.
The next is Formulae. It has Spells/Recipies/Mixtures and insences/Tech. for mixing or harvesting/rights for tool blessing and cleansing.
The last is my mirror book. This is just a journal I keep that includes Observations excercises as well as any points to ponder that dawn on me.

It's all really up to ypu. Seriously set down and ask yourself what you feel you want in it.

Blessed be.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
MissingGrace

Post by MissingGrace »

Thanks guys! I think I have an idea on how I want to set it up. I performed a dream ritual before I went to bed last night, and I found what I was looking for. Now it's just to sit down and get it done before I lose the vision!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

should write it down just incase you do lose it, the written can often summon things seen.
MissingGrace

Post by MissingGrace »

That's a good idea Sobek. I'll write it down today.. Thanks
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

not a problem. i sometimes suffer from the forgetful thing especially with dreams i always say "i'll write it down later" i never do and i forget them, tis ashame, i will learn one day.
MissingGrace

Post by MissingGrace »

I suffer from the same thing. Sometimes I have trouble remembering things I've said in the morning come nightfall. Now, I write so much stuff down, that sometimes I don't remember what all of it means. I have so many post-it notes on my desk at work that it looks like my desk was redone is yellow and pink tiling!
Aerea

Post by Aerea »

I dont have a BOS per se, I have most of the ritual stuff memorized. The whole casting a circle thing, calling the elements, lord and lady, etc. But I have this huge book called the 'encyclopedia of 5000 spells' and it rawks! It has everything in it imaginable. If you guys would like me to look something up for Id be more than happy to do that for you. Just ask.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I haven't developed my Book of Shadows yet, but I have a neat story regarding one.

A family friend, a wiccan, is also a high ranking Freemason. I don't know what you know about Masons, since they are very secretive, but their ceremonies have a lot to do with God - that's what the big 'G' means, btw. Anyway, at their altar they keep a bible. At my friend's lodge, they've come to respect his religion so much that he keeps his BOS on the altar beside the bible when he's presiding over or attending meeting and ceremonies.

Neat, huh?

Return to “For Everyone”