Witches and Sodomy

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

It's sad but, I think Sobek is right. We as a society, have become so used to the idea of implied consentual sodomy that it no longer shocks us, while the idea of consensual sharing of life fluids is apalling to the point of panic.

It's really sad how close minded we still are as a people. It should not matter two spits what two consenting adults do to share intimacy together in the privacy of their own homes. Note the word "privacy" in that statement. Most of America has gotten so used to trampeling on individual freedom of privacy, that it's not even though about anymore. No one seems to car ethat big brother and your neighbors are almost exactly where George Orwell said they'd be. Just more subtly.

I weep for my country.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

As do I wolf, its why i live out side of it.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I think, sometimes, that I will join you in this idea but alas, I am quite bound to ceartain areas. Luckily, they are real remote ones.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
fishtoes

Post by fishtoes »

I'm quite glad that there are no written laws against it, because I'm a big, big fan of sodomy :wink:
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

im happy for you :wink:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I know that both Virginia and Texas at least used to have laws against sodomy. The Texas one caused the Texas state government to get sued over violation of civil rights. The case was Lawrence vs. Texas

There were to gay men that were a couple. There was a guy that hated gays that was a neighbor of one of the guys. At that time Texas had a law against gay sodomy, pretty much outlawing gay sex in Texas. The guy waited until the two gay men got together, and called the police, saying he heard gun shots from next door. The police came and entered the house, as they had sufficient enough probable cause. They caught the two gay men in the act, and since it was against the law they were arrested and taken to jail. One man sued.

The Virginia law was brought up in the trial to try to defend the constitutionality of the Texas law, because if I remember correctly the Virginian government had been sued over the constitutionality of the law and won. The difference though is the Virginia law didn't differientiate between gay couple and straight couples.

If I remember correctly Lawrence won. And I don't think Virginia has that law anymore, or if they do they don't enforce it. And as far as I know the guy that called the police falsy reported what was happening never got in trouble.
lilady_love

Post by lilady_love »

well being from Canada I don't think we have any "sexual" laws anymore between consenting people over the age of 14 and 12 with parental permission? I think some strickter laws should be in place but hey thats me!

Karen
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Harper is trying to get the age of consent raised to 16.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

raise it to 16?
its already 16 here and they want to raise it further, whats legal age there?
Storm

Post by Storm »

Grim Wraith wrote:wow, what are you planning on doing?
I reckon it sounds pretty obvious...... :wink:
Storm

Post by Storm »

lilady_love wrote:well being from Canada I don't think we have any "sexual" laws anymore between consenting people over the age of 14 and 12 with parental permission? I think some strickter laws should be in place but hey thats me!

Karen

Me too. I think it should be 16 and over (and even then some sixteen year olds are too 'young'. It's not to be draconian, but I just think before that age most teenagers are not emotionally ready. But of course, that's just my opinion.
LeeBeeWyldThree

Post by LeeBeeWyldThree »

Wow, what a good first post to reply to!!!!

Considering "witches" were (allegedly) raped by Christian inquisitors (and who says it was in one oriface) and we have all manner of underground christian cults that practice sodomy. Trust me; i speak from indirect experience- my uncle has spoken to me of these things.

I don't think that it truly matters:- If you look at it from a wiccan perspective you have the law of "An it harm none, do what thy will" as long as it is allowed/accepted by both parties i see no harm in this.

A word of caution though is in order me thinks- Make sure you trust any persons involved and have a safe word in place. My last one was strawberries and cream for example. DONT practice these things with someone you haven't slept with before; and a good one for me (as im a bottom) is i tell the person that if he does something out of line- im a gonna do it right on back!

And for the love of god dont allow electrocution its just painful not sexual.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”