Thoughts Of Suicide.

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
[Haley]

Thoughts Of Suicide.

Post by [Haley] »

A friend of mine recently told me that his thoughts of cutting himself and commiting suicide have become stronger since dating this girl. I'm not sure what to tell him to comfort him and let him know that he has soo much to live for. I REALLY need help. Please reply soon!
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

take him hostage. i am serious, take him hostage! or simply cast a spell, if you need one pm me.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Take him hostage?! :?
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Hi Haley, you might not like this suggestion but I think you should give it a try. Suicide hotlines aren't just for people contemplating suicide, they are also for the friends and loved ones of those people. Try to find a hotline number in your area, give it a call, and explain your situation. If you don't want to betray your friend's privacy you don't have to give them any information about him at all.

It can be easier to talk about this sort of thing with someone you don't know. Councillors on this type of hotline will be able to give you some perspective and suggest to you the best course of action. That's what they're there for. I think it will also make you feel better to talk this out with someone and to know that you're doing something proactive for your friend.

Please remember that your feelings are important too. It can be a difficult burden to care for someone who's considering ending their life; you deserve to be happy too.

In any case, please take my advice. There's no commitment and you can always hang up for any reason you like.

take care,

T. Guy.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

I considered that but wouldn't it show up on the phone bill? I don't want my parents to know, they already think he's bad news.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

I'm talking to him right now- email- and he said that he would cut himself, but wouldn't commit suicide. That's somewhat of a relief, but still not good. I feel that with a little help, I could talk him out of this.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

It won't show up on your phone bill unless you call somewhere long-distance. Most of these services have local numbers and some have toll-free numbers. If it's a toll-free number, you should be able to call it for free from a pay-phone.

I can't address your concerns about your parents finding out because I don't know your situation at home. Your friend might actually be 'bad news', but it may not be his fault and that doesn't stop you from caring about him. I really think you should talk to someone about this soon, for your own good and well-being. This kind of pressure is difficult to deal with; it's not good to keep it bottled up.

I hope that helps.

T. Guy.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

I had an idea. He really wants to be musician and I thought that if he wrote down his thoughts and feelings and turned them into music instead of acting on them he might not be tempted to do that. Would that work?
Deirdre

Post by Deirdre »

Writing down my feelings in poetry has really helped me when i was severly depressed... So it could be a good idea for him to write down his feelings in music.

Writing things down is (for me at least) a good way to get my feelings out, and it is usualy easier than directly talking to friends/family/counselers about what is bothering you. After i while i started to let my friends read my poems, so they could understand better what was going on inside my head...

It might not work for him, since every person is different, but it is deffinatly worth a try...
* ~ * Deirdre * ~ *

Just waiting for my mind to catch up with me.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Thank you. The only thing he really cares about- at least from what I've seen- is music. I'm hoping that he will take my advice and use his feelings to his advantage.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

He doesn't know how to go about writing anything. I think he might need a hobby of some kind to keep him busy. I'm just not sure what it would be. His interest in things is very limited.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

Um yes, if my friend told me that she was going to kill herself i would take and board up the windows in my garage,(my dad finished it with sheetrock and a couch adn stuff) I would remove everything that could possible be used to cut and i would make a hole for food, i would invite her over, and i would lock her in. it may sound mean but it would work

Alex
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

I don't think so.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

that may not work for you. although it is illegal it would work for my friend and sh would thank me when it is over.
Deirdre

Post by Deirdre »

From personal experiences with depression and suicidal thought i can say thay being locked in a room against your will usualy only makes it worse.. so that would really be a bad idea...
* ~ * Deirdre * ~ *

Just waiting for my mind to catch up with me.

Return to “Teen Concerns”