School, again! (another long post)

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
[SanityIsLost]

School, again! (another long post)

Post by [SanityIsLost] »

Ok, another school related episode. I am in the second part of my two year theater course in school. In this course the 1st years and the 2nd years are put together so we have a whole new bunch of people in the class now that the seniors have left. Well, those of us who were there last year wrote plays. The teacher loved mine so much he had us break the new people into groups and choose a group to act out a scene from our play. Well I chose the group that looked the most like the characters I needed. But, there is a problem... There are 3 girls and one boy. The boy is really really religious. I think he is Jewish. He handed out papers last year to everybody on his religion and likes to harass everybody about their religion. There is another girl in my group that is Wiccan. She wears her pentacle on the outside (I wear mine on the inside). Well today he looked at her pentacle and asked "Do you know what that means?" Well, I could have helped her out but I've always been skeptical of her so I waited to see what she would say. She told him that its a religious symbol and that she doesn't want to get into it right now plus it's pretty. Then he said "No, it's not religious. See I'm wearing the opposite of it!" and he held up a Star of David around his neck. Well, I don't really get how the Star of David is the opposite of the pentacle. I know a lot of people take the pentacle to mean different things but I am really confused. I am also wondering if anybody has any ideas to get them to stop bickering. It's hard to direct a scene when I have two religious opinions fighting each other. Any ideas?? :? Sorry, this was so long...
Alison

Post by Alison »

Tell them that religious debate is all well and interesting but could we save it for the lunch table or after school?

Ask the teacher to get involved and ask them to save the bickering for later?

:(
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Invite the boy to a ritual.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

umm, i really think thats a bed idea.....Messionic Jews ( the ones who belive in christ) wont celibraid Christmass or....i think maby easter, because thay know that alot of the things that thay do on those dates are pagan, nore will Jews celibrite halloween ( the ones i have meet anyways) because its a pagan holiday, and inviteing a jew to a pagan rituals.....i dont think it will go well.

To be honest i have no idea what i whould do in that situation. But i have herd the pentical called the stare of salamon so that might be what he ment by the right one? I have a huge list on the names of them and in the thread i posted befor we discussed the names a little.

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=4024

So yeah it also talks about other symbals too but we talked about the names as well, that might help a little.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i wouldnt invite him to a ritual, he'd totally screw up the energies.
besides i would tell this guy that he above all should believe in religious tolerance and if not to just plain and simply get over it like who cares what someone else believes in.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

"But there worried about the souls of the sinners!" So i am told.....if there so worryed why do thay tell us we are going to hell!
Merry Part
~Addalaide
IceDragonX

Post by IceDragonX »

They tell you that to scare you into believing, but I figure that if you want to lead some one to a religion, you would gently persuade them, not force them.

As for the situation with the two, depending on how much they need to interact with each other in the group, I would kind of put them on opposite ends and away from each other. Tell them that this is not the time or place for religious debate and not to bring it up anymore. Besides that, if this is for a grade, they need to be more involved in getting the grade than their personal beleifs. If it gets really out of hand, use the teacher to help level the situation. After that, there really is not a lot you can do about the situation. If they want to continue tearing into each other, they are going to do it no matter what.
Freedom is a State of Mind...
lilimitzuki

Post by lilimitzuki »

Maybe the boy is saying that the pentacle represents evil and the star of david represent the goodness, since he is very religious he may think that wiccans are bad.

Return to “Teen Concerns”