Why do I feel like I should eat my spells?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
casnarl

Why do I feel like I should eat my spells?

Post by casnarl »

Hiya! Sorry about the weird title. I couldn't think of how else to explain this.
I feel very connected to bay leaves. I incorporate them in most every spell I do (whether it really needs it or not). I write my intentions on them. I carry them with me from time to time.
And lately I have felt like I should engrave my intentikn/wish on one and then eat it. I don't know why I thought of this. But I googled if they are safe to eat and apparently they can cut my throat so I'm leaning against doing so. But I still kind of feel like I should.
Would it serve any benefit to ingest the spell, over say burying it or putting it in a specific location? Or am I going crazy? :P
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why do I feel like I should eat my spells?

Post by Firebird »

I bet if you crumbled the leaf and maybe made a tea it would work. Drink the tea then consume the leaves.
They are pretty sharp when dry. I wonder if you could chew a fresh one? I would be concerned with what you are writing with on the leaf though, is that safe to eat?
I've done other spells with food. Consuming an orange at Yule is a favorite, it's to bring the energy of the new born light within.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think consuming the spell acts out taking the spell intent into yourself. I've used slips of rice paper (available in international food isle of larger grocery stores) to write intentions on using milk or for color using "kid safe" water soluble ink markers, then dissolved the paper in water & added it to a cuppa tea/coffee. Even simpler is to write the intent on the surface of a cup of water with a charged finger, then drink it. Water has memory.

Eating whole bay leaves probably doesn't taste good. Recipes using whole leaves always tell you to remove the leaves before serving.
barker

Post by barker »

I have rolled a cigarette with an affirmation written on it. Works.
Sollomyn

Post by Sollomyn »

I agree; it's powerful symbology that resonates with the subconscious mind on a deeper level than usual.

Think about it. How many times throughout your life has it been reinforced into you by others that "You are what you eat!" :mrgreen:

Deep down the subconscious mind actually believes that age-old line, because the subconscious is kind of like a little kid; it'll believe just about anything; if it believes something strongly enough, it'll alert your conscious mind as well. The body has to obey the mind; if it really believes in something, it'll make it happen. Heard a couple pretty wild stories in that regard haha, (like that guy who accidentally locked himself in the freezer car of a freight train and died of hypothermia; the strange thing was that the freezer was never even turned on. He just THOUGHT he was freezing to death, so his body made it a reality. That's the power of faith right there if I ever saw it. :lol: )
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I just did an Imbolc ritual with my group where everyone used a toothpick to inscribe onto a slice of cheese (since milk/dairy is sacred to Brigid) the qualities they wanted to manifest during the new year, and then we all ate the cheese together. I've also heard of inscribing runes/sigils onto cookies and eating them.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”