Ghost Buster Amulet

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Ghost Buster Amulet

Post by SpiritTalker »

The spell imitates the black smith at his magical craft-of-making & uses fire, iron, water & salt which are all protective. Blue is also a protective color.

Ghost Buster Amulet

You will need:
Candle (or backyard BBQ)
Bowl of water
Saucer of salt
A nail, any size
Tongs
A small blue pouch or blue bottle

Hold the nail with tongs in the flame until it is really, really, really hot.
Dip it into cold water. It will hiss.
Immediately drop it with tongs into the salt & cover it with more salt.
Set your intention saying, "fire, iron, water, salt; bring haunting to a halt"
Let cool 20-30 minutes.
Place cooled, salty nail into blue pouch or blue bottle & add 3 large pinches of salt.
Carry it with you or place it where the haunts are happening.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ghost Buster Amulet

Post by Firebird »

This is really good! And super simple :fairy: thanks for posting...I'm tagging it!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

:flyingwitch: woo-hoo :mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Very interesting. Have you tried it? I know two locations where there has been some trouble with unwanted and troublesome presence hanging around doing things. I'll write this down.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've used a make shift rusty bit of iron (literally plucked off my car) & a restaurant salt packet adaptation to discourage spirit hitch-hiker from the cemetery. This is the fancy version, minus the panic. The ghost traffic I've met with could be called persistent, not evil. Most ghosts aren't bad people at all but why bring them home?
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

True that. I prefer my place to be mine and have company when I want it. Unwanted guests aren't really nice. Specially when they're the ethereal kind. This reminds me, before I did the house cleansing on 21st, I had weird noises in the house for at least two weeks always when I was going to sleep. Nothing crazy, but something that sounded like knocks inside(Yes, not on the surface, but inside.) the walls or some small item dropping from table etc. One time there was something that sounded like a fist being banged quite hard on the bathroom door.

This is nothing yet as I have experienced way worse, a poltergeist type activity with an apparition of a woman without legs or arms. That was frightening stuff and luckily I don't live in that place any more.

Anyway, I'm interested in case the knocks and stuff continue. It seems that my house blessing/cleansing worked and nights have been quiet since. But I wrote your post down for possible future use. (Some times it seems that I'm a beacon for this kind of stuff unless I do something to block it.)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Me too. Thus an amulet spell is in my notes. I figure all the invisible stuff is there 24/7 whether we sense it or not; & we don't draw it to us as much as we have eyes to see it, ears to hear it & nerves to feel it. Once you know it's there it's hard to ignore. Grounding helps keep the lid on the distractions & shielding fends off the irritations. The amulet is a deterrent & pushes back.

Personally I find iron is painful to touch. I'd once had a miserable rash from a tiny sliver off a rough iron cauldron. My cauldrons have either had handles or have been painted so I don't have to touch their raw surface. I figure if iron effects me like that then imagine what it must feel like to an ethereal being. Ee-ew. Salt absorbs energy so that's a drag on a unwanted visitor's strength. A nail is convenient, smith-forged & pointy on one end so in magical symbolism it becomes weapon-like. Iron is magnetic & disrupts vitality flow.

I wish I could recall where I'd found the basic amulet spell & give the author credit; & maybe they'd copied from another source as well (?). It may have been from one of the Llewelyn yearly almanacs. I like the symbolism of the Smithy & use of Fire & Water at the smith's forge as the 2 are also common to consecration rites. That adds another layer of strength. I've adapted it by adding the blue protective coloring because I respond to color & added the words when I wrote it here. Feel free to use your own words & changes.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just a wee heads up, most nails these days are not made of iron but of steel, stainless steel, bronze or other metals, even plastic. They may include a small portion of iron within but are not pure iron.
Although, old nails are around, if they haven't rusted away! I would bet antique stores or someone will have specialty nails forged for just this sort of thing.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

That's true. I've got a bag of iron flooring nails; they're flat & still used today. To check for iron hold a magnet near the nail. If it’s attracted to the magnet then there’s enough to do the job. My dad saved old nails by the jar ful.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Interesting... I didn't think about the material as I'm so used to seeing old school iron nails around. I guess I'm lucky, there's several big boxes full of old unused iron nails at our summerhouse. That's hundreds of them. I should stash some away the next time I go visit there.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”