Not sure I am a witch

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Gil Gabler

Not sure I am a witch

Post by Gil Gabler »

Not sure I am a witch, at least not sure that I am more a witch than an average guy, but I just wrote a book on libertarian witchcraft, a romantic thriller, and to learn the background I've read dozens of books and hundreds of articles on witchcraft.

I've been fascinated and intrigued by witchcraft for many years. I see in witchcraft working of an independent mind trying to reexamine accepted norms and notions and reaching outside of established realities and I like that. Also, it presents to me an interesting case how the governments, religions, and democracies have been trying to destroy people involved in a harmless but unusual activity.

I am a private person and don't even like the word "community." Yet, I am glad I've stumbled upon this forum and looking forward to becoming a part of it.
Rain Gnosis

Re: Not sure I am a witch

Post by Rain Gnosis »

Welcome!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi and welcome. I've always considered myself a very average person too. Witchcraft was the furthest thing from my mind. I'm just crazy curious how things work. I honestly have not heard of libertarian witchcraft before so I'll have to do some look-ups on the web. :D
astral_awakenings

Post by astral_awakenings »

That all sounds very fascinating! Congrats on your book.
Gil Gabler

Post by Gil Gabler »

SpiritTalker, you haven't heard about libertarian witchcraft because I coined it. The plot and artistic setup of the book kind of led me to it.

But I've done a lot of reading and thinking on this subject and I am amazed by parallels between libertarianism and witchcraft. Parallels in the desire to be left alone by the government, not conforming to the social norms, putting an individual squarely into the center of the universe - not collectives, not communities, not classes - a single person.

In my opinion, witchcraft and libertarianism are the strongest movements of freedom. Historically and contemporarily.

In particular, and this is not a small thing, witchcraft and libertarianism, as opposed to all religions and all governments, agree that whatever two - or more - adults are doing in their bedroom, is ok. As long as they are happy about it, it's their business. Nobody else's.
astral_awakenings

Post by astral_awakenings »

I haven't always identified with libertarianism, though I can certainly understand what you mean about it, and its parallels to Wicca. I find your perspective very interesting, and I hope you will stick around and continue to update us on your viewpoints.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh, I'm glad you explained that you'd coined it. I couldn't find Lib. WC when I'd googled it :? . I think i follow the gist: you're using Libertarian as in one who adopts a doctrine of free will. Some (by no means all) Wica also choose the self-discipline of harm none with a codicil of but take no shxt. Yes, you'd think that to practice their art witches would want to live on the fringes of society. Who wants a tangle-footed Normie gate-crashing your full moon conjuring mid-cast, after all? :roll:
barker

Post by barker »

Gil Gabler wrote:to be left alone by the government, not conforming to the social norms, putting an individual squarely into the center of the universe - not collectives, not communities, not classes - a single person.
That's most valid. I personally prefer freedom to be word used to describe people who have left the consensus reality. Not that i would call anybody un-free but that usual stuff is really quite to the contrary, of true freedom. To be alone, to accept self as it really exists. It's an upgrade to real life, imo.
In my opinion, witchcraft and libertarianism are the strongest movements of freedom. Historically and contemporarily.
But also, remaining young, being as a child, no matter what age you are. Or, I think you get some sort of evil in your choices. Just saying.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”