Offerings for Egyptian God Ra and Anubis

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
TheBrunette102

Offerings for Egyptian God Ra and Anubis

Post by TheBrunette102 »

Does anyone have any suggestions for offerings to Ra and Anubis? What do they like the most? I'm on a budget right now so nothing too elaborate. Thanks! :)
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Offerings for Egyptian God Ra and Anubis

Post by planewalker »

Ra, the Sun god, the leader of the younger Gods from the line of Osiris and Horus, giver of life. You can sacrifice the one thing that you can never replace or get back, your time. Pray to Ra under the Rays of the Sun. Thank him for the life giving rays and dedicate yourself to bringing the Light of understanding to the Darkness of ignorance.
Anubis is the Greek name for Anpu, the opener of the way to the afterlife and guardian of the rite of mummification. The Egyptian sacrifice was a White Rooster and a Black Rooster. I'm pretty sure that's against the zoning laws in your municipality. Unless you spent time on a farm when you where a kid you probably would have a problem taking a hatchet to a rooster's neck anyway. How about the same symbolism and do something like burning a piece of white construction paper and a sheet of black construction paper.
You could even combine it with a rite to Ra by using a magnifying glass to use the Sun's rays to ignite the paper.
Hope that helps.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Some dishes that are indigenous towards Egypt would be nice, but since youre on a budget maybe some bread rolls and beer.

But more importantly your soul, so singing to them and giving them your love would be the highest offering any god could have.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm, a white rooster and black one...how about a white egg and a brown one? They could be buried as a sacrifice.
TheBrunette102

Post by TheBrunette102 »

Thanks for the responses everyone! I did some research (probably should have done that before making this topic), and I found a few web pages where various things have been listed that they like as offerings (mostly for Ra). Incense scents are frankincense, myrrh, sandalwood etc. Candles colours are orange, yellow, red etc. I also looked up the stones that are appropriate and apparently, Tigers Eye was used to channel the power of Ra and it was believed to contain the power of the sun and the earth. So that's mostly what I'll use as my offerings. Incense, two candles (orange and yellow), and some Tigers Eye :)
barker

Post by barker »

planewalker wrote:Ra, the Sun god, the leader of the younger Gods from the line of Osiris and Horus, giver of life. You can sacrifice the one thing that you can never replace or get back, your time. Pray to Ra under the Rays of the Sun. Thank him for the life giving rays and dedicate yourself to bringing the Light of understanding to the Darkness of ignorance.
Ra contacted me properly for the first time this afternoon, he means business. I am thinking, what sacrifice can i make? It is the time thinking of Satan and the Devil. There is a way onwards... peace be intelligent.
barker

Post by barker »

Ra left. He says I'm fully psychic now and my evil voices are quite physical, but for a reason, I am too. If only I knew a master that could check out my base chakra. Or a meditation to clear this problem, is danger, violence? I would think so. (I prefer to think of myself as harmless).

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”