Energy Draining

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Calypsomoon3

Energy Draining

Post by Calypsomoon3 »

I am trying to learn about how I can learn what’s draining my energy and how to stop it. Last month I broke up with my boyfriend. Prior to us breaking up I had an entire month where I felt overwhelmed, anxious, and just like something negative was coming.

When we broke up I assumed it was my gut feeling that he was cheating because it literally went away once we broke up. However since we’ve broken up despite me being happy, protecting my energy, and even taking more time for self care I have entire days where I wake up completely drained and in a mental fog.

I am unsure what could be draining me, but I know it is a much different feeling than when I exert energy and get tired. I feel like something is mentally and physically draining me, however I am unsure what. I am curious if anyone has any suggestions on how I could find out and stop it from draining me. As I am completely unable to focus on studying or practicing my magic when I am drained like this.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Energy Draining

Post by planewalker »

The first thing to do is make an appointment with your Doctor. I won't go into the different things it could be, but there could be any number of things. I'm figuring that your about 21 years old. The last of your full growth is just done. If you have a tight budget like most students check with your schools Health Services. Try the mundane before you worry about anything esoteric.

You could also visit the introduction section and give us some background.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Sometimes fatigue is a result of giving up unhealthy things—relationships, food, etc. during this period the energy body and physical body are rebalancing themselves. That’s be my first guess.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Im with Corvidus on this one. The emotional energy youve been dealing with is probably overwhelming you.

Id recommend continued prayer to your god or goddess to find comfort and resolution.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Two thoughts;

1) a minor form of induced depression brought on by the poor ending of an increasingly bad relationship.

2) you have some sort of aetheric leach that fed on the negative energy from your relationship but is now feeding on your energy to create that negative emotions it was feeding on.

First talk to a councillor or psych if you're still feeling it try a cleansing of your self and home.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
LC

Post by LC »

Sometimes after a relationship you are tired. Your body and mind were keyed up for so long that it is relaxing and trying to get better.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”