Should I?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
[Haley]

Should I?

Post by [Haley] »

Okay this is probably a stupid post and nobody's going to reply, but I don't care. Anyway there's this guy who's the same social status as me- unpopular and known as the freak in the grade- and he's sweet and he wants to date me. I would've said yes already but given the circumstances it's caused me to rethink my anwser. My mom hates him and so does my sister and friend (who is his ex), and I think my dad has the impression that he's a pothead or alcholic- which isn't true. Basically what I'm asking is, what should I tell him?
Elem

Post by Elem »

If you really think you've got a 'connection' with this guy, then give it a go. Your parents might come around (although it's unlikely your sister's friend will, if she's his ex :lol:).

However.. Don't say yes jus' because he's of the same 'social status' as you. If you're gonna say yes, and risk annoying your family, but don't have any real 'connection' or 'want' to be with this guy outside of him being unpopular too.. Then I just can't see it being worth the trouble.

Haha, I haven't really answered your question there, have I? Sorry about that :)... I have the tendency to do that sometimes! Ah well.. At least I've given you something to think about, eh?

Good luck, whatever decision you make. Have a good think about it first, before you do, though.. Don't risk ruining your relationship with your family just because this guy seems similar in social standing to you.. Is it really worth it :)?

Elem
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

His social status has little to do with it. I only mentioned it because I knew that I could trust him not to use me or anything. He's my friend's ex not my sister's. And Kim (my friend) said she could care less if I date him, but I think that she really does care. And I do think I have some connection with him. There's just one other problem, a guy in my grade might like me. I say might because this is second hand information, from his sister, and even though I trust her I'm still uncertain. And if he likes me and decides to tell me, then asks me out I'd like to be able to say yes. But if he doesn't, then I might say yes to Zack (the guy that wants to date me.) Since I can't see into the future and find out if the other guy makes a move or even likes me in that way, I'm stuck.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

If the person is nice and you like hanging with them, go on "lets be friends" type of dates (a movie, hanging out at the mall, grabbing a bite to eat, having some coffee over at Starbucks, etc.). If it develops into something romantic, wonderful. If it doesn't, at least you've had some fun social outings.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Thanks for the advice, juliaki. Although the only places I could go with him would be the park or the skating rink. I live in a small town. Wait scratch the skating rink my dad won't let me go there, he's afraid I'll become a drug addict.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Yes i was the same way, kinda a when it rains it pours type thing, no one wanted to date me and then one day like 4 people did, i picked wisely i belive though still dateing...well getting married to..my choice. What i did was i did like group dateing a fue times but what i ended up doing was i told them i whould go on a date but i wasnt dateing them, and let them know that i was going on dates with other people after i got to know them all better i picked my fionce out of them all, and whouldnt yah know it, hes a redneck...when i am gothic...so really social status means nothing yo me. So just maby do that..I am still friends with 2 of the other 3, one got a little...freaking....almost had a little bit of a problume but he moved on and stoped being obsesed with me and his ex my fionce dosnt like the other guy much though.....he dislikes the 3erd guy more.....cause yeah he didnt wanna give me up esaly so we had a little redneck-goth fight happen.....thats about when he left me alone the other 2 people have been in my life but at a distence and never interfear unless i ask for there opinion...well that was a long drawn out story of my old life....but teen girls are alowed to talk! specialy when it comes to confuseing relationship things.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

THanks for the story, Addalaide, but it is all over now. Zack went back to his ex after learning my family hates him and I'm still longing for that hot goth who's out of my league- and grade- that I will never even meet. Man I hate being shy, it f*cks with your life so much.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Yeah, being shy is horable, when i was in school i like was worse then the freak outcasts thay whouldnt even hang out with me! but once i whent to homeschooling i started going to a coffee shop and thats where this all happend. Sence then i have prety much stayed goth for 2 resons, i really feel comfortable like this and because i was told by 100 people it was a "phad" and yeah i like to prove people wrong......anyways...sorry about what happend, there will be more hot goths....trust me...some guys just look really really good in eyeliner......my fionce dresses gothish...its funny though hes a huge redneck but just left for work in all black and whering his skull jewlery...ha....hurm..sorry i know that information was pointless....
Merry Part
~Addalaide
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

He's not the goth guy I long for, although he is goth, but they're in the same grade.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

well the people after me where like 23 when i was...16ish...so well...yeah..my fionce was only 20 at the time though so we are closer in age...
Merry Part
~Addalaide
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Damn. That must've been nice to know a bunch of guys are fighting- not literally- for the chance to be with you. Kind of cliche but still intresting. :D
corrupted_beauty

Post by corrupted_beauty »

Don't listen to what other people are saying. Figure it out for yourself. Do you like him? Do you wnat to date him? If so go for it! If not tell just tell him you like him and all, but want to be friends. Don't tell him no simply because your family and friends don't like him, that's not very fair on his part.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Yes, dosnt matter what your friends and family think, my friends hate my fionce because there all christion, and he is very opend about how he belives its a cult ( lol ) and my family hates him, all but my grandparents, who think hes strange but still like him. He brought 3 frogs into there house in his jacket because thay there almost frozen and he saved them....so thay think hes...way out there.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Aww, I hope your family discovers that he's a nice guy one day. I could imagine what the holidays are like. As for Zack, he's back with Laura and seems to be quite happy. Frankly I don't care anymore, I just want to see people other than family and Kim- she might as well be family. I have a feeling this school year is going to be as eventful as last year, but in a good way.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Thay all know hes a nice guy, thay use him t here advantage, and then when he finly tells them no hes not ganna go do this for them, thay hate him tell thay need something agin......But my family dose that with every one.......

Infact today thay made me not wanna tell themeven more that i am wiccan because thay where talking about my aunt. Thay said "Oh yeah she "thinks" this a witch, its so stupid. There really isnt such things as witches she just "thinks" she is." Then the other girl said "Well is she a good witch or a bad witch?" and my mom said "It dosnt matter there all going to hell anyways." I tryed to inform the woman but my mom was getting ticked about the fact i new about it.
Merry Part
~Addalaide

Return to “Teen Concerns”