Morning prayers ?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
MsMollimizz

Morning prayers ?

Post by MsMollimizz »

Does anyone have a short or simple morning prayer
to a Goddess ?
I say my nightly prayers, but when I wake up early
I've been wanting to add morning prayer but all I
have found are long-too long to remember for me.
So I thought I'd ask you Gentle People, thanks :)
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Pallando

Re: Morning prayers ?

Post by Pallando »

Thank You
Thank You
Thank You

(repeat as needed)
Little Green Dragon

Post by Little Green Dragon »

I think you can write your own similar to your night prayer maybe. Want do you want to say to the Goddess?

LGD :-)
Little Green Dragon

Post by Little Green Dragon »

Not specifically directed at the Goddess, but this is a prayer/spell I used to say in the morning and night. (From a witchcraft magazine - I still have the cutting. I used it as inspiration to make my own version )

Spirit of movement, change and flight
Charge my path with peace and light.
I call for earth to hold my ground
I call for air to free my bounds
I call for water's art of flowing
I call for fire's fearless going.
Spirit bless me night and day
Hold me safely on my way.

LGD :-)
Rain Gnosis

Post by Rain Gnosis »

This is from T Thorn Coyle's Evolutionary Witchcraft. I pray with this morning and night.

Oh holy mother, in whom we live, move, and have our being,
From you all things emerge and unto you all things return
Open our hearts this blessed day
Touch our bodies and our minds
Walk with us through the gates of power, in shadows and in starlight, in fire meeting the earth and wind on the water, and in the sweet kiss of life.
Blessed be our journey.

I also pray with

I call on the positive energies of the Lord & Lady to cleanse and bless my body and spirit, so that I may perform this day in love and honour as befits a member of the craft of the wise.

at night you say "sleep this night in peace and wisdom" instead of "perform this day..." That's from Silver Ravenwolf.
barker

Post by barker »

Call me an alchemist, but it can be illuminating just to ask "what is it?"
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Okay, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, and, believe it or not, I love watching the sun rise. If I can, I'll step outdoors and watch. I'll have sort of a running commentary with the Creatrix, something like: "Hi. Good morning. Oh, You are doing blue so nice today. Thank you. Love the pink shot silk effect. The robin seems to like it too. Hasn't he got a lot to say? Thank you for sharing this with me." ... Or some variation of this. Or just silence, deep breaths and centering. The brain isn't engaged, just the spirit. Sometimes all I can express is "holy, holy, holy."
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I prefer the words "Salutation to the dawn" Prayer smacks of residual trappings of Christianity that is antagonistic to the way of Wicca/Witchcraft. The Witch is much deeper in tune with the Infinite then is possible with formal religions. Very nice to enjoy a holy instant with Spirit and elements of Nature each day. Goddess Blessings.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Is prayer vs salutation a reason for antagonism?
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

I have always enjoyed the tradition of a simple morning song. It usually starts with deep, thankful breaths. I let the atoms enter my space and just began making musical sounds. So, Hum, La, whatever feels right. Starts low and soft but can eventually build to a joyous 'Thank You'. Not just to the Goddess, but to all the mothers and grandmothers. I like to believe that just as before we are born into this plane, we are sung to in the womb by a woman's voice, so I think She likes to be sung to in return. I guess it is more of an environmental response than a prayer.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

SpiritTalker wrote:Is prayer vs salutation a reason for antagonism?
Christians use rote verbal or silent prayer that goes nowhere and in their languages thinking that the Gods are fluent in all the languages on billions of worlds throughout the cosmos where-as Mystics, Pagans, Wiccans and Witches (if they understand the dynamics of interdimensional communication) open a portal between worlds and communicate via mental imagery. Only a mental image that conveys a thought can be interpreted by anyone anywhere even creatures that have no language. Mental imagery with emotional content is the universal mode of communication.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I've meet a couple people that say they can see no mental imagery. I don't know if that's even really possible. They may have become so verbal that they have suppressed their internal visual acuity. Could they have substituted emotional verbalism {sorry - only way I can think of to frame the action I'm thinking of}. If so, could that substitute to mentally transfer meaning. [if this starts to roll as a subject we can get it split off MsM.]
Not to split hairs or start arguments but, do any of us really know what is possible for an infinite God/Goddess in an infinite multiverse?

I usually just go with;

Thanks for letting me wake.
Help me take whatever I have to take.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don't for a moment think the human conscousness of interdemensional communication is the property of one belief system or another, but is accessible to all. Anyone who thinks in pictures, as we did when we were children, has an edge. So if any one group has more ability to access the prayer-levels of interior contemplation (Including interdemensional communication) it's kids. Throw in the chemestry of puberty messing with the emotional clamor and you can see why teens have been immorally & illegally gang pressed into secret military & three-letter government programs. But that's not the topic, is it? I thought we were sharing our personal morning rituals, not venting our spleens. I apologize to the EUTM members for taking a side trip, and to Shekinah for alledged practices that you may find antagonistic to your own.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

In our circle casting we use verbal incantations as a crutch to augment creation of mental imagery. As we walk the circle with wand, staff or athame in hand and chant something like" Oh circle of mystery I construct thee" the real power manifesting the dome of protection comes from the mental image we are constructing not the gibberish we are speaking.

If in prayer we use verbal crutches to help us formulate an image depicting our message then as a tool verbal speech is a useful thing. To ensure your message wafts into ethereal space go beyond speaking and encapsulate your thoughts into an image. The key to all magick is mental imagery. We must first create in our minds eye that which we design to materialize. Early in our training we all were instructed to practice creating mental images of a candle, or flame or flower then to advance to a building and landscapes eventuating into acquiring the keys to opening portals as Grimassi describes as "Elemental Doorways".

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”