Crystals for cheese making

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
theFeeLion

Crystals for cheese making

Post by theFeeLion »

Hi lovely people!

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what crystals could be used in a cheese maturing room. It's an odd question I know but one that has come up in conversation at my new job. My boss and I think it could work really well with the artisan goats cheese that we make...

I was thinking we would need to use crystals that can be easily cleaned or put them into some sort of lidded container...

Any ideas?

♡ Fee
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Crystals for cheese making

Post by SpiritTalker »

I wonder if milky quartz would serve? Raw pieces look like cheese; & druzy quartz with it's sparkles growing on the surface. Placing some in the room or along side the cheeses as they cure would be all you'd do.
theFeeLion

Post by theFeeLion »

Thanks SpiritTalker I'll have a look at those ones [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I was also thinking it could be good to use ones that are indigenous to NZ, so I'm looking into what we have here and seeing how they could work for us. Not sure how it will work out though...

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Quartz is everywhere, but I imagine NZ has plenty of volcanic obsidian.
theFeeLion

Post by theFeeLion »

Yeah we do :) it might be a bit powerful for use with cheese though.

Turns out I should be able to find nice big chunks of white quartz around one of the nearby rivers :D

We do get a little kyanite which I think could be really good, I also thought maybe amazonite (not found in nz but still) and possibly amethyst

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well you could place individual stones by different cheeses and observe the effects. I hope you report back. This is interesting.
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

Crystal magic newb, here. What is the purpose of crystals in this usage? Are you... enchanting cheese?

Please say you're enchanting cheese.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
theFeeLion

Post by theFeeLion »

I'm hoping that choosing the right crystals to sit in the maturing room will impart beneficial properties into the cheese. So I guess the answer is yes, I'll be enchanting the cheese :D

I will keep you updated with what we decide on :D

Ooo petrified wood could be another good one...

theFeeLion

Post by theFeeLion »

Update:

I now have a short list of crystals...

Blue Kyanite
Amazonite
Amethyst
Carnelian
Petrified Wood
Grossular Garnet
Rose Quartz
Quartzite (aka snow/milky/white quartz)
Fuchsite
Aotea Stone (a combo of blue kyanite, fuchsite and quartz)
Rhodonite

All of them (except amazonite) can be found in NZ.
I've passed the list on to my boss, along with their corresponding meanings so hopefully there will be a decision soon.

Whatever we choose will be going into a container of some sort for health a safety reasons. Is there anything I need to know about what kind of container it should be that won't affect the crystals?

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”