Ocean calling

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Middleagedseeker

Ocean calling

Post by Middleagedseeker »

Greetings all! I have not been around these parts in a long time. I'm still a "middleagedseeker", however I have developed a good relationship with nature and the Goddess on my own. I live about a half hour from the beach and go there whenever I can.I LOVE anything to do with the beach and collect shells, mermaids, pretty much anything nautical related. I can't swim, my mom was terrified of water and wouldn't let us go to the public pool as a child, yet I love to go in the water and smell the salt air.

To get to the point of this post: Lately I have been feeling the ocean calling me in a different way. I'm hearing the Goddess calling me but it's not Artemis, whom I normally work with. I have been having dreams about the ocean and I'm wondering if either Oshun or Yemaya are contacting me? I did a bit of research and Oshun loves the color yellow (as do I),she is accociated with yellow butterflies and bees (I've been seeing both all over my property lately and the butterflies have been coming right to me).

I keep dreaming of Yemaya as she looks in her blue & white gown also. I don't know if this matters any but I will tell u that my bithday is June 21st. Some astrologist say I'm a Gemini,some cancer. But I researched my exact birth time and I'm a true cancer. Does anyone with more knowledge than myself have any ideas?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Ocean calling

Post by SnowCat »

I always associate the ocean with Poseidon. Or maybe Ariel, SpongeBob, and Mr. Krabs. My grandkids have thoroughly indoctrinated me to the more recent cartoon characters. I hope you'll let us know what you figure out.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm inclined to think that dreaming of Yemaya gives her an edge as the candidate to vote for.
Middleagedseeker

I'm still trying to figure this out. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm heading to the beach to do some soul -searching and meditate. From what I read online Yemaya is the mother of Oshun and they are Orishas. I didn't realize that? Interesting g.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

We retain ancient genetic memories from our beginnings as life in the ocean. For millions of years we were one with the sounds and smells and dynamics of the nurturing seas. Today most of us wax philosophical when visiting the oceans. Something very deep stirs in our consciousness like an ancient mother enfolding us in her embrace.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

A powerful place to be...the shoreline connects us to all the elements, fire /sun rays , earth/sand and pebbles , air/charged ionic oxygen, water/life bringing elixir and when at the ocean the added benefit of salt for purification. It's absolutely rejuvenating, I could spend all day plopped down in a pile of rocks next to the water.
How did it go middleageseeker? Any revelations?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's the experience I have every year at the sand dunes. Medano Creek is running, so it provides the water element. It doesn't have the salt, but it has a lit of hematite in the sand. And just getting away for the day is rejuvenating.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Star_Priestess

Post by Star_Priestess »

You may be attracted to both goddesses, but one may be stronger than the other. If you want to know, you can meditate on the matter and you can listen to which one is louder in your soul.

Another way to think of it is that Oshun is the Maiden aspect of the Goddess and the Mother is Yemaya. Much like how people say that Artemis is the Maiden, Selene is the Mother and Hecate is the Crone. It's a rather pantheistic point of view.

You may even follow both of them at the same time. There's no rule that you have to honor one deity, or a goddess and god. The Feri Tradition reveres eight deities at the same time, so I see no problem with following two or more goddesses at the same time.
Middleagedseeker

Well I did get to the beach and meditated by the ocean. I also have been spending time at the bay, and at a pond near my house. I feel both Goddesses reaching out to me, but Oshun more so. I read an online article about Oshun being the Goddess to call upon for help with weight loss and with anxiety/depression. Right now I'm definitely anxious as I'm changing jobs again, but I'm not depressed at all. I am also trying to lose weight since the doctor has declared me "morbidly obese" and I now have to pay a higher insurance premium because of that. I could only find that one article about Oshun being the one for weight loss help. Has anyone ever heard this? All my life I have been drawn to water and here lately it's an even stronger pull. I've even been soaking in epsom salt baths and using epsom salt lotion! I'm really at my calmest and most peaceful self when I'm around water and breathing in salt air. Still trying to figure all this out???? :surprisedwitch: :surprisedwitch: Can anyone recommend a good book on the Orishas?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Negative ions.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Is there any place where you can swim or just walk in the water? Those are both helpful for weight loss and general conditioning.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Middleagedseeker

Star_Priestess wrote:You may be attracted to both goddesses, but one may be stronger than the other. If you want to know, you can meditate on the matter and you can listen to which one is louder in your soul.

Another way to think of it is that Oshun is the Maiden aspect of the Goddess and the Mother is Yemaya. Much like how people say that Artemis is the Maiden, Selene is the Mother and Hecate is the Crone. It's a rather pantheistic point of view.

You may even follow both of them at the same time. There's no rule that you have to honor one deity, or a goddess and god. The Feri Tradition reveres eight deities at the same time, so I see no problem with following two or more goddesses at the same time.

Yes!!!! I'm working with both of them now and feel them equally. I appreciate everyone's input!
Strange, but I do not feel Artemis as much now. She is still close by but I feel as if she is just watching me from afar. Does Artemis not get along with Oshun and Yemaya? I've read where some Goddesses don't enjoy one another's company per say?

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”