Rose Quartz Cleansing and Candle Light

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Rose Quartz Cleansing and Candle Light

Post by SpiritTalker »

I never tried cleansing by candle myself, but I learned the hard way that even hot tap water can crack quartz crystal. I now use nothing warmer than my body temperature, just to be safe. Rose Quartz is safe in flowing, cool water. I don't know if candle heat could risk cracking it.

Thinking about how the fire element transforms by changing a thing into another form within the thing's nature, has me wondering If flame burns away the accumulation of negativity by transforming it, then what is it changing the negativity into? Energy? And can the new condition be put to some use such as empowering the necklace if you concentrate with the intent? And what would be a long term impact? You see, now you've gotten me wondering. You mentioned holding the necklace over the candle allows you to connect spiritually, & maybe that energy is fueling the connection. It's something to think about.
smogie_michele

Re: Rose Quartz Cleansing and Candle Light

Post by smogie_michele »

I like to cleanse my rose quarts (and any other energy calming stones that I keep) with incense smoke. If you are ay all worried about the heat from the candle flame or hot water, perhaps this could be another alternative?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”