Phantom Loved One?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
MamaMagpie

Phantom Loved One?

Post by MamaMagpie »

Good Morning beautiful creatures!

Has anyone experienced a Phantom Loved One visit?

I know that when someone passes, or is close to passing, their spirit may visit loved ones to say goodbye, but in this case, the loved one was very much alive and working over an hour away. I even called their work after 'seeing' them in my room to make sure they'd arrived safe, and the receptionist confirmed they were safely at work and had arrived not long beforehand. Therefore, unless that person could teleport, there's no way they were in my house at 7:15am when they arrived in work (over an hour away) and 07:00am that day.

They looked exactly like my loved one - same body, shape, smile, hair, even clothes! I was pretty spooked out and I've not had any answers to this yet.

I'm not sure if it's a spirit having fun and being devious, but I'd like to know. I intended to ask the Phantom when they return, but II'm not sure if I should.
I've seen it a few times imitating the same loved one. It's only been little things, like my loved one coming into the same room as me when I've been sleeping, or stood in a doorway. Generally, it doesn't react if I turn to it, smile or say Hello...

Should I be concerned? Or try to reach out to it? Or just leave it alone?

Thank you!

Mama -x-
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Phantom Loved One?

Post by SnowCat »

Some years ago, my husband was doing over the road trucking. He was going to stop home for a few minutes on one of his runs, if he had time. Late that night, I smelled diesel in the bedroom, and felt someone sit down on the bed. I didn't actually wake up for some reason. When I asked my husband, he said he hadn't been able to stop home. It seems that some part of him rid though.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
MamaMagpie

Post by MamaMagpie »

SnowCat wrote:Some years ago, my husband was doing over the road trucking. He was going to stop home for a few minutes on one of his runs, if he had time. Late that night, I smelled diesel in the bedroom, and felt someone sit down on the bed. I didn't actually wake up for some reason. When I asked my husband, he said he hadn't been able to stop home. It seems that some part of him rid though.

Snow
Hello!

Wow that sounds very similar to my experience.

I had my loved one stand, stare and walk towards me. Then sat on the bed (I felt it sink) and he took off his shoes. I heard them hit the ground. then he just vanished after walking out the room. I was still in bed, though, as I was heavily pregnant at the time and exhausted. Loved one was nowhere in the house, bathroom, bedroom, no shoes, nothing. Very weird!

What does your husband make of your experience? :D <3

-Mama-X-
Nightwind

Post by Nightwind »

Seeing as the accounts listed here have all been when you've both been in bed/sleeping/exhausted, could it be that you have just been in the hallucinatory state between waking and sleeping, and perhaps subconsciously thinking of your partners?
MamaMagpie

Post by MamaMagpie »

It's possible, I suppose, but I know that I woke up when I heard the bedroom door open, and saw hubby standing there. That's when things got weird.
When he left, he closed the door, I saw him do it. After 15 minutes or so I stood up and looked around the house and he wasn't around.

It could have been a waking dream? Then I woke up properly?
Who knows?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I don't normally dream about the smell of diesel. If not for that, I would say I could have just wished the whole experience. My husband really didn't react when I told him about it. He has seen me bilocate when we're both wide awake.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I wonder if telepathy and precognition might come into play as well, picking up on the other person's wish to be home, or their intentions. I can't tell ya how many times I'd see customers walk into the office and no one would be there, then they'd walk in several minutes later, dressed as seen, down to silly details like pink Tshirts with rhinestones, or a necktie with Disney characters. Not quite the same as a phantom or astral presence, but you get the idea.

I've experienced my grand parents and mom popping in at the separate times of their passing, then received the notifying phone call a short time later.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”