Bracelet with multiple gemstones

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Kovyx

Bracelet with multiple gemstones

Post by Kovyx »

http://i.imgur.com/Qxk3J2C.jpg

So I caved and got one of those cool "healing seven chakras energy bracelet" things, just kinda on impulse. Most of the beads are volcanic rock, the gems from left to right are red agate, amber, tiger's eye, green dyed howlite, turquoise, lapis lazuli, and purple agate. Fitting for and in order of the chakras, though i'm not sure about the howlite being dyed green has any effect on its energy (cuz normally it's a crown stone).
I was all excited about it, it's definitely a very pretty bracelet and it has a very strong energy. However when I told my sister about it, she kinda freaked a bit and told me to separate them. She said gemstones should be used individually, and having all them together like this on the bracelet causes chaos with their energies, because it all just becomes a blended mess? I have no idea how correct she really is on this, she claims to be very well in tune with crystal and nature energy, calling herself "creature", but I'm not quite willing to take her word for it just yet.

I would really rather not break this beautiful and expensive bracelet, so I tried coming up with something to maybe help with that they're all stuck together. I figured maybe I could research and find out what each crystal's traits and abilities are, then tune each one to help with and fulfill similar or co-dependant purposes. That way, instead of their energies being like the hideous clashing tunes of an orchestra warming up, they'd harmonize and play energetic music.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Is my sister right and I should separate them? Or do you think my idea will work?
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2
Bychan Wulf

Re: bracelet with multiple gemstones

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I like it the way it is. You get to always have the entire collection with you and also receive everything they can offer. But I know almost nothing about gemstones and their powers; it's just what the intuition tells me.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Try it & see how it effects your energy. Don't take some else's say so. After all, the various chakras have different energies mutually coexisting.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Kovyx wrote:However when i told my sister about it, she kinda freaked a bit and told me to separate them. She said gemstones should be used individually, and having all them together like this on the bracelet causes chaos with their energies, because it all just becomes a blended mess? I have no idea how correct she really is on this, she claims to be very well in tune with crystal and nature energy, calling herself "creature", but i'm not quite willing to take her word for it just yet.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Is my sister right and i should separate them? Or do you think my idea will work?
While I think your sister is correct, that having a variety of gemstones on the person can cause a fairly chaotic energy, I also think this usually only applies to gemstones for the same chakra. For example, if you had 7 different root chakra gemstones, that would be more chaotic in my opinion than having 1 for each chakra.

But, I've also found through experience that not all gemstones resonate with our individual chakras. Some people I know prefer red jasper, whereas I can't stand it. It makes me sluggish. I think this has a lot to do with our energy body and natal charts.

The thing I find most useful, when working with gemstones for all the chakras, is to limit my exposure to them. One practice I used to do fairly regularly in my early days was, once a week, I would meditate with gemstones for each of my chakras. It really helped balance me out. But I did find that if I did it more than once a week (i usually did it on a sunday) I was fatigued and over-charged at the same time. Like the energy was flowing through me too much.

Anyways, maybe that helps, maybe not. cheers!
Kovyx

Re: Bracelet with multiple gemstones

Post by Kovyx »

okay so i haven't done any actual experimenting with it yet to see what its effects are, but so far it hasn't been doing anything bad. it does still feel pretty strong, but not overly so. i'll give you all an update when i find something.
"So basically, it's do your job or get vaporized?" -- Commander Shepard, Mass Effect 2

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”