Name for my betta fish

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Bychan Wulf

Re: Name for my betta fish

Post by Bychan Wulf »

firebirdflys wrote: I had a goldfish in a tank indoors once, he was always so happy when you went to visit him, he would even let you pet his little head.
Bb, Firebird
Aww,that's so cute! I have never been able to pet a fish...only the almost l dead ones that my mom bought for cooking. I believed that they would die a little bit more peaceful if I pet them.
I once made my parents put a large almost death fish in the bath tub. We kept and fed him there for almost two weeks but when I left home,they cooked him. :cry:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Melanite, Nuumite, Onyx, Shadow, Indigo?

I also thought of Dahlia, Ebony, Nyx and Hecate- but they are more suited to girls :D
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Not that this is a serious suggestion, but more of a funny little story-
When I was younger, I gifted my brother with a Beta fish named Bill Nye the Science Guy. After the first fish passed away, I cleaned and redecorated his tank and got him a new Beta... which he named Bill Nye the Science Guy II.

He is currently caring for Bill Nye IV. We just keep naming the new Betas Bill.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Siona

Post by Siona »

moonraingirl wrote:Many people simply don't know this and listen to misinformation that people in pet stores give them. So what is sad that fish suffer and their owners are not aware of it as they believe that the fish gets appropriate care.
This is a huge issue with rodents, as well. I know some employees are very knowledgeable, but so many aren't. The advice I heard one employee giving would have led to at least one dead hamster, and so many habitats they sell are just not at all suitable. But people think, well, they sell it and it says hamster on it, so it's fine... :/
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Exactly. All they care about is money. What is sad that at least in my area, you can't get a proper cage in local pet store, you have to order it online. So customers don't ever see a suitable rat cage, for example, because shops don't order them assuming no one would buy them.
Last time I was in the pet shop, the seller at least tried to persuade a customer to buy a more suitable tank. He came to buy a tank for his children's turtle. So she offered him a plastic box, which I think is much smaller than recommended, but it was an average size you could expect someone would buy for a child's pet.
But this guy was nooo that's too big and he eventually chose a tuppeware box, I'm not kidding you, it was not larger than one litre. I think the box was meant for storing dog treats or something like that.

The assistant asked him 3 times if he thought that would be enough and he said yes, sure, he had a turtle in a similar box before. So she sold it to him, but I appreciated that she at least tried to talk him out of it.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Here's Milton's new aquarium. The first one started leaking after just half a year and I didn't trust the option to glue it again with the silicone. So I got him this new one. It is smaller than the previous one but I guess it's OK. The plants look so poor because they spent a month in a bucket while I was giving Milton the medicine and waiting for the other medicine from the USA. It never came. I suspect they must have stopped it on the airport as a drug or terrorist threat. Then the tank started leaking and I had to put everything in the bucket again.
Now I've also bought a new better light and an extra fertilizer so I hope they will start growing nicely. I will also probably get another tall plant in the background, too. I have no idea why that moss ball is floating today, it usually stays on the bottom :p.

Then there's my other tank, 125 litres. There are 24 neons and cardinals (most of them are hiding in the photo :p), 2 swordtails and 3 silver tetras ( I'm sorry, I forgot what their real name is).
Sorry for the quality of pictures. I had to resize them because of limited size allowed on the forum.
Attachments
rsz_big_tank.jpg
rsz_milton.jpg

Return to “Animals and Pets”