Hi from Portland, OR

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
Ayram

Hi from Portland, OR

Post by Ayram »

Hi there,

Um let's see... I'm very tired while writing this so I hope it comes out making sense! I'm female in my mid-40s, married with kids. I hope it's okay that I joined this forum not considering myself a witch nor being terribly interested in today's witches necessarily...however I definitely have a very witchy side to myself! ;) I just don't identify as one, I guess you could say. The ways I'm "witchy" are (or at least feel like they are, even if some of it's just romantic notions and stereotypes): ever since I was a small child, I've both LOVED and felt terrified - and fascinated - by the witches of stories and films; also of gypsies and fortune tellers tho to a lesser degree; I'm a feminist; I love a good fire ;) and candles; I often have strong intuition, I feel really drawn to the moon; I am in love with nature; I love the night; I love owls, wolves and cats (or maybe everyone does, I don't know!); I have numerous tarot decks and more recently, crystals; as a kid I was always drawn to games like "light as a feather, stiff as a board" haha - and then as a teen I was very into Ouija boards (though am afraid of them, a bit, now); I love tea (does this count?!) so in a sense love herbs! :) I love making homemade soap and candles, and love to stir the big pot of these archaic tasks! Boil boil toil and trouble! I love astronomy and am a big believer in/supporter of science which is what makes a couple of my hobbies strange, and yet somehow that feels very witchy too (to a certain degree). I'm pretty certain I'd have been burned at the stake had I been born a few hundred years ago... I'm just too curious by nature!

I'm mostly here because I'm hoping to get more info/advice re. crystals. There are not many (any?) very active forums on this topic. It has quickly become a passion of mine though like I said - being a believer in hard science makes my interest in crystals feel (to me at least) a bit odd! But I've always loved nature, and rocks, and they're beautiful and comforting for whatever reason (eapecially palm stones) so there you have it!

Thanks for reading all this!
Ayram
Bychan Wulf

Re: Hi from Portland, OR

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Merry meet Ayram! I'm a fan of science too and what's great is that both witchcraft and meditation are science related. Everything that happens during one of thoseveral two has a perfectly good scientific explanation.
Crystals and Stones: there is this section of the forum dedicated to them: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... tones.html
For more details I think you should ask a moderator.
PS: Your text makes perfectly good sense
:-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi and welcome. Tea definitely counts. :-)
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Ayram

Post by Ayram »

Thanks so much everyone!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there! Love Portland, might move there.
Welcome to the board, come on in and get to know us. :fairy:
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Ayram

Post by Ayram »

Thanks Firebird! If you move here be sure to PM me. ;)
Ayram

Post by Ayram »

SpiritTalker wrote:Hi and welcome. Tea definitely counts. :-)
Thanks and I really love your avatar!
I wonder why people like me/us have all these similar qualities... I''m so strongly drawn to so many aspects of all this. One day soon I may have to dissect all this!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome. Sounds like we similar teen experiences. Thanks to Bychan for pointing out the crystals area. I love it when our members step up to help. Makes it really nice for everyone.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

No need to thank, Snow,I'm always happy to help.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
greyviolet

Post by greyviolet »

Welcome Ayram! I love crystals too, I've only recently started working with thm but they've always fascinated me.

I agree with the others who have replied here that science and witchcraft, science and what many people consider "paranormal" are actually related. There's just a lot of stuff that works but we don't quite know why-it's just not "proven" yet. So I think all of these things can peacefully coexist.

And personally, I would never trust anyone who doesn't like cats. :)
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Haha,I love your statement about the cats #greyviolet !
I share the same opinion.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”