Reading with the Majors only

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Saturnessa

Reading with the Majors only

Post by Saturnessa »

Hi everyone!

I started reading Tarot decades ago, and I have always used the full deck because 'that's the way it's supposed to be'. However lately, I find myself drawn mostly to the Major Arcana of a deck I own, and rather disconnected from the Minors... it's like, they do nothing from me.

That said, I still want to use this deck, but I'd probably only work with the Majors. Is it possible? Does anyone have experience reading with the Major Arcana only? How it differs from when using the full deck?

Thank you! BB
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Reading with the Majors only

Post by SpiritTalker »

My card reading skills are zilch, but I've read, but not personally practiced, that some people prefer the majors, but also keep the aces, twos and threes, for some significant reason I've now forgotten, but it had something do with trinities. And another source that uses a standard playing card deck, removes 6,7,8,9,10 but used the rest. I'd think the method is up to the user, and someone must like the shortened deck or they wouldn't write about it.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I have read just using the majors before. It's usually a broad scope type of reading, lacking the details of the minor cards.

Rosie
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I've heard of people reading with just the majors.

Return to “Tarot Talk”