Dark figure in my room

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Iamcris

Dark figure in my room

Post by Iamcris »

Good evening all! Following is an event that happened to me when I was around 9 years old. My brother reminded me of this story a few days ago and it just stuck in my mind so I am posting it here in hopes that someone will help me understand what I saw.

I remember clearly, it was summertime and It was about 11 a.m. I was playing in my room despite the fact that my parents didn't like that I always wanted to be in my room. The room was very bright as it was a sunny day but there was no glare in the room. I always closed the door to my room. I remember turning the doorknob to open the door and it wouldn't open, it felt as if someone was on the other side of the door pulling it as I was pulling. I don't remember what caused me to look back but about 7-9 feet behind me was this dark figure. It looked as if somebody had put a black cloak on and just stood there that's how clearly it appeared. I was scared but not crying or screaming and continued pulling at the doorknob and looking back. After about 3 or 4 times the door opened and I looked back...the figure was gone. I ran out of the room but I can't remember if I told anyone then or if I was scared to go back in the room.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Dark figure in my room

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think you gave the clues to a possibility when you said you were playing in your room despite the fact your parents didn't like that. What was then enacted, as a disciplinary reminder, was a presence that caused you to WANT to get out of the room. And then briefly, you couldn't get the door open, I'd say as a teaser, to raise the strength of your wish to exit. The presence did not persue you.

So, what sort of presence would discipline a boy? Could be a spirit of a relative or even a guide. The cloak costume suggests a previous era when cloaks were commonly worn. Of course it would appear dark against a brightly lighted background.

Some double-checks to ask yourself are if you know of any other ghost activity in the house, and if you had or have seen other apparitions yourself. Are you aware of any relatives who might have an interest in the family, & if it had any effect at all on you as a kid putzying around in your room.
Iamcris

Post by Iamcris »

It just happened that one time, my parents weren't strict about me and my sis playing in the room, they just thought it wasn't normal that we would seclude ourselves instead of being in the living room with everyone else. That figure was very tall and very clear.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yea, I understood the "come and join in the family" idea. My brain isn't coming up with a synonym for the idea of discipline that doesn't sound oppressive. The figure was very clear (to you) but you haven't described it (for us). What about meaningful little details? Did it squint? Have whiskers? Lurch and Smell like brimstone? I get it that it didn't remind you of your late Great Aunt Petunia. And yeh, I'm joking a bit. ;-)
Name-that-Spook isn't possible without your 1st-hand impressions, feelings and descriptions, and since it didn't menace you or return, I gotta lean toward it's having been a less-than-creepy presence, and possibly one that had non-harmful intent, albeit a bad sense of humor, and thus possibly an ancestor. I've got relatives who were 6'5" and if you put a cloak-like outline on that, nuts, I'd run thru the wall, the heck with the door. blue_flee
Iamcris

Post by Iamcris »

Interesting, I didn't think of that. I couldn't see the face it was just darkness inside the cloak.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”