Afraid it may happen again...

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Gubbinz

Afraid it may happen again...

Post by Gubbinz »

I hope I can get some advice here. Last night when I went to bed, I slept some, then for some reason I woke up and couldn't move. I couldn't even open my eyes. The worst part was that I couldn't breathe... the only reason I survived was because I knew I needed to struggle as much as I could to tell my brain that I was awake. Maybe it's because I started getting into the craft a month or so ago? :anxious:
I'm just a nerd that plays tabletop games, plays the electric bass, and wishes that he wasn't as much of a nerd!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Afraid it may happen again...

Post by SpiritTalker »

It sounds like sleep paralysis, and although the experience can scare the pants off us,they are not fatal. If it should happen again, do your best to relax through it. I promise it has absolutely nothing to do with an interest in the Craft. So google sleep paralysis and learn about it. And by the way, walking in the park with a big knife...c'mon.... :|
Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz »

SpiritTalker wrote:It sounds like sleep paralysis, and although the experience can scare the pants off us,they are not fatal. If it should happen again, do your best to relax through it. I promise it has absolutely nothing to do with an interest in the Craft. So google sleep paralysis and learn about it. And by the way, walking in the park with a big knife...c'mon.... :|
It's for my protection, also, I'm so skinny that even if I stuffed a caber toss grenade in my jacket nobody would have noticed, So there's no need for you to worry about me doing anything stupid.

Really, I'm underweight because of my amazing metabolism. THANKS DAD.
I'm just a nerd that plays tabletop games, plays the electric bass, and wishes that he wasn't as much of a nerd!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh. Well, thanks for the clue-in. My college roommate was so skinny that her sky diving club used her for their wind drift indicator. She always wore a big flapping poncho to give her some air resistance. Hey,you work with the tools you've got. :flyingwitch:
silvergrey

Post by silvergrey »

I've heard that drinking some chamomile tea before bed may prevent sleep paralysis from happening.
One of my friends dealt with it a lot, and she says it really does work. When it does happen, what she does to get out of it is she focuses on moving the fingers of one hand. Sleep paralysis is basically your body being awake but your mind still being half asleep which is why you can't control your body. Focusing on one small movement convinces your brain that you're actually awake and helps you snap out of the paralysis, while simultaneously keeping you from getting scared. It helped a lot for her :) Hope this helps you too!

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”